• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

It’s a Disney film so they just had to get rights to the WB and other characters. I remember hearing or seeing some documentary about it many years ago. There were a lot of lawyers involved to get the scenes of Mickey and Bugs together and Donald and Daffy together.

All and all, it may have been easier than all the rights required for the Toy Story films (especially 2) and Wreck-It-Ralph. Disney owned very few of those properties.

I liked Death of Stalin a lot. Definitely more than Veep, probably less than TTOI or ITL.

Maybe it was just my buzz wearing off, but the final hour really dragged out for me.

Still recommend it, though.

I hope you are using Letterboxd or something like that to track/rank all the movies you are seeing. Would love to see the list at the end of the year.

I'll probably wait to see RPO... Read the book a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, but only really because of the pop culture 80s references that were right in my wheelhouse. If they diverged from a lot of that in the movie, it'll make it less unique (and fun for me).

Plus, my kids are too young to see it and my wife has zero interest.

Or, I could just leave work and walk over to the movies by myself...

Saw "Ready Player One" and really enjoyed it; the girlfriend, not so much. Yeah it's a lot of CGI with shiny objects that go boom, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I would imagine if you are the nerdy, gamer, comic book type, you will enjoy it as much as I did. If not, there may still be enough enjoyable Stephen Spielberg elements lying around and just enough overlying sense of meaning that could make the movie enjoyable, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially given its 2hr 20min run time.

Last edited:
Is Daniel-Day the greatest living actor?

Interesting question. I don't know who the greatest is, but any worthwhile discussion has to include the following (IMO):

- Jack Nicholson
- Al Pacino
- Tom Hanks
- Robert de Niro

Interesting question. I don't know who the greatest is, but any worthwhile discussion has to include the following (IMO):

- Jack Nicholson
- Al Pacino
- Tom Hanks
- Robert de Niro

Daniel Day Lewis

I hope you are using Letterboxd or something like that to track/rank all the movies you are seeing. Would love to see the list at the end of the year.
Im on letterboxd as "whitet86", If you want to follow I will follow back, i've rated about 1400 movies and I have lists for 2017 & 2018. I do list movies by the year I see them, not by the year they come out

Last edited:
I was unfamiliar with Letterboxd but now I'm not, thanks. It's too bad it can't extract data directly from my brain, I doubt I can remember half of the movies I've ever seen.

- Jack Nicholson
- Al Pacino
- Tom Hanks
- Robert de Niro

Don’t forget Daniel Day Lewis!

Watched Ladybird last night. Whole lotta meh, but entertaining enough. Not as good as Who Framed Roger Rabbit ?

Pacino doesn’t belong there. He’s trash outside of like five movies.

Pacino, DeNiro, and Nicholson haven't made anything decent in the last decade (or longer). They're still technically alive, so I guess they're still in the conversation though.

Back