• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

The Darkest Mind was terrible. I think there were four other people in the theatre.

I watched Three Identical Strangers on the plane yesterday, it was great - went in expecting one thing, got something completely different. I had never heard of this story before.

I also watched Pacific Rim 2 - because the first one was awesome. This was very meh, bordering on bad.

Now streaming on Amazon Prime, Jonathan Demme’s excellent reboot of “The Manchurian Candidate.”

Denzel is great as usual.

You want timely?

I’m watching Jaws on Discovery and it’s still fucking awesome.

Quint is such a badass.

Commercials about every 5 minutes isn’t fun, though. I’d forgotten about watching movies on stations with commercials. Really takes me back.

Oddly enough, Jaws was my last movie too. I saw it available on Prime and realized it was a big giant hole on my movie watching CV. Yes, I'd gone my entire life without having seen Jaws. Great flick, of course. I think what struck me the most was seeing the scene I've seen reenacted 100+ times: "That's some bad hat Harry" that you see at the end of all of Bryan Singer's studio productions (like "House").

Also saw MI:Fallout recently. Really good, as everyone says, but I'll call it "overhyped" since I've seen a lot of phrases like "best action movie ever".

Jaws is available on Prime, yet I wasted my time watching it with a ton of commercials?

Sweet.

Oddly enough, Jaws was my last movie too. I saw it available on Prime and realized it was a big giant hole on my movie watching CV. Yes, I'd gone my entire life without having seen Jaws. Great flick, of course. I think what struck me the most was seeing the scene I've seen reenacted 100+ times: "That's some bad hat Harry" that you see at the end of all of Bryan Singer's studio productions (like "House").

Also saw MI:Fallout recently. Really good, as everyone says, but I'll call it "overhyped" since I've seen a lot of phrases like "best action movie ever".

What’s your best action movie ever?

Though the Barbara Hershey vs Better Midler gun fight/car chase sequence kept me on the edge of my seat, Beaches isn't my answer.

I'm just going to go with the "first thing that comes to your mind" method which leads me to Terminator (first one) and Aliens.

Aliens is damn good. I’m not sure it beats Die Hard for me, though.

It's Die Hard, and it's really not even a debate. C'mon.

Jaws is available on Prime, yet I wasted my time watching it with a ton of commercials?

Sweet.

giphy.gif

Aliens is damn good. I’m not sure it beats Die Hard for me, though.

Die Hard for sure. It basically created the template for the modern action flick.

Aliens suffers because it's not as good as the original, which isn't really fair since one is more a suspense movie and the other one an action flick.

Watched Harold and Maude for the first time and damn I had all the feels. Excellent film

Die Hard for sure. It basically created the template for the modern action flick.

Aliens suffers because it's not as good as the original, which isn't really fair since one is more a suspense movie and the other one an action flick.

I mean, Alien is a horror film and Aliens is an action film. I’m not sure what the other two are..

Back