• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

just need to know the appropriate talent to immoral behavior threshold for artists

perhaps it's more dynamic than that, such that a graph or algorithm may be better

Google the name Nazanin Boniadi. Tom Cruise is a piece of shit.

Ehhhh. That lady was a Scientologist so she signed up for it. If you want to blame him generally for being a Scientologist, an organization that bilks stupid people out of their money (including Card Carrying Stupid Person, Tom Cruise), then fine.

I agree with you about him being a PoS though.

A former client of mine was the sole survivor of a plane crash during the production of American Made. I did not represent him in that matter, but let's just say Cruise and his production company didn't exactly fall over themselves to make everything right. The movie cost about $50MM to make, and has grossed over $120MM worldwide to date.

So yeah.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...h-colombia-lawsuits-a-survivor-speaks-1021934

Of course. The art-artist tension is nothing new, but it does require some cognitive dissonance in many cases. Where do you draw the line? How much impressive artistic output justifies what amount of shitty behavior? What moral line would he have to cross for him to be able to be hated by you?

I'll read Orson Scott Card, eat Chick-Fil-A, and support the [Racist Name Redacted]s. Although, the latter has been severely deficient in meaningful output for years.

Rewatched The Untouchables last night.

Great film.

The Eisenstein homage is a standout.

Think I’m going to cancel MoviePass at the end of the current payment. Yesterday, Eighth Grade was available to see as well as a few other movies with or without surge pricing. Didn’t go last night as I had some plans. Woke up this morning and checked the app, Eighth Grade wasn’t even listed (not even grayed/blacked out like MI6) and as of now, the app is saying that “there are no more showings at this theater” for five different theaters in town. No movies are even listed.

Eighth Grade is top 5 one of the most uncomfortable/awkward movies I’ve ever watched, but I think that nails what Burnham was going for. It is still really a good movie. Makes you think back to all of the things you did when you were young that make you cringe now. The banana scene & dinner scene are gold while the truth or dare scene should make anyone anxious/squirm.

Mission Impossible was excellent, if a little long

Eighth Grade is the easy pick for movie of the year so far. It shares a lot of parallels with Ladybird, which I thought was the best movie last year... It's just really good, really well-made and well-acted. It feels super real, uncomfortably real, and it hits all of the marks it tries to hit.

I think Eighth Grade and Blindspotting are pretty close. Easily the best two movies I’ve seen this year.

I saw an oldie but goodie over the weekend - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. It's quirky and fun. I still think Sam Rockwell should have at least gotten a nomination for it.

I've unplugged so I'm forced to watch whatever is on Prime and Netflix...

Inbetweeners - Really liked this show. Funny and raunchy but within the limitations of a show, so of course they turned it into a movie where they could up the raunch and language. Really funny at times and ultimately has a wee bit of heart to it, but nothing groundbreaking. The show is more palatable overall, but in the end this is still a story about horny teenagers no matter which route you go.

Jack Reacher: Whatever The Sequel Is Called - Lots of action and asskicking, but the plot is a bit thin. I enjoyed it for what it was, but wouldn't watch it again.

Lol, ELC would like the Inbetweeners. I have zero guesses as to which one he'd be.

The White Widow is smoking hot

Vanessa Kirby is much more attractive on screen than in real life. You should watch The Crown just for her playing Margaret....she's hot and crazy (and drinks gallons of scotch and smokes, fun stuff). You can fast forward through the English Royal cheeky bastard parts...

1512410216478.jpg

Back