• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw First Man and Bohemian. First Man really makes you feel and hear all the rickety-ness of a space program in its infancy. Amazing that they got 20 feet off the ground. Bohemian was enjoyable. Not great and obvious timeline issues that irked me, but fun.

Can someone explain to me how they keep greenlighting Robin Hood movies?

saw fantastic beasts, the second one, and it was very average.

The trailer is basically shots from the film. It looks pretty amazing.

The new Coen Bros. flick The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is on Netflix and was pretty damn amazing. I've never seen an anthology film where each short is great, but I don't have any complaints. I hope that it gets some Oscar attention, particularly Zoe Kazan for Best Supporting Actress (IMO).

It's also my favorite Tom Waits performance by far, even if there's no way that the Academy will give the guy an nomination for his acting.

It will probably be similar to the other live action/cgi Disney remakes - a few shot for shot call backs, with new material/different slant added in.

Plus a gay character to send all the rubes into a frenzy. I'm guessing Zazu.

Had never seen Man on Fire and watched this weekend. I really hate Tony Scott’s visual aesthetic with the rapid cuts with odd angles/light flashes/camera zooms and the weird greenish color scoring. Movie is far too long. Like 45 minutes too long. Way too slow to get to the action. Christopher Walken was wasted. Soundtrack borrowed oddly from Ocean’s 11 and Gladiator. Overall thought it was overrated.

Wife wanted to see Crimes of Grindlewald. Didn’t really seem to qualify as a contained plot as much as a chapter of a larger story I’m sure to be told over far too many additional movies. Plot was confusing with the whole genealogy of Creedence conversation which I didn’t really care about. Kawalski was shoehorned in and doesn’t really have any purpose.

I rewatched Man on Fire not too long ago and definitely forgot how “glitchy” the cinematography is but I still kind of love it. Agree that Walken is wasted.

I rewatched Man on Fire not too long ago and definitely forgot how “glitchy” the cinematography is but I still kind of love it. Agree that Walken is wasted.
That was a early 2000s cinematography and editing trend - shaky cam and jump cuts. Jerry Bruckheimer and Doug Liman really made it popular. Movies like Enemy of the State and Bourne Identity are almost difficult to watch because of that.

Wreck it Ralph II was fairly enjoyable. Sarah Silverman has the perfect voice for cartoons. But everytime I go to the movies now I go to a kids movie and fully recline and fall asleep for at least a half hour because I am now old AF. Still use trendy lingo though.

Wreck it Ralph II was fairly enjoyable. Sarah Silverman has the perfect voice for cartoons. But everytime I go to the movies now I go to a kids movie and fully recline and fall asleep for at least a half hour because I am now old AF. Still use trendy lingo though.

No one heard shoo’s snores?

We made that mistake with our first home theater loveseat. Way too cushy. We'd both be out in an hour or less if we started a movie after 6. This time around went with some firmer seats, and they are much more binge-functional.

Back