• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Caught Ocean's 8 over the long weekend. Decent enough for an at-home viewing for little to no money. It was more sequel than remake (think Creed instead of Lady Ghostbusters). Not as fun as the Clooney Ocean's 11, but absolutely better than the two putrid sequels.

That said, Rihanna playing an expert hacker is up there with Denise Richards playing a nuclear physicist.

Caught Ocean's 8 over the long weekend. Decent enough for an at-home viewing for little to no money. It was more sequel than remake (think Creed instead of Lady Ghostbusters). Not as fun as the Clooney Ocean's 11, but absolutely better than the two putrid sequels.

That said, Rihanna playing an expert hacker is up there with Denise Richards playing a nuclear physicist.

That movie is weirdly clinical for about the first 70%. Once the heist/twist is revealed it improves a bit but it's pretty lifeless.

How about Elizabeth Shue as the smartest person in the world in The Saint? :)

The biggest difference between the Ocean movies is that the Clooney team clearly had personal connections that came through strongly on the screen. The female version was just a bunch of arbitrary crooks that got together. There wasn't enough personal interaction.

Just watched Bird Box last night. It's an Netflix Original and was entertaining but didn't really seem to have a point and was superbly cheesy.

Just watched Bird Box last night. It's an Netflix Original and was entertaining but didn't really seem to have a point and was superbly cheesy.

With the exception of a handful of the prestige Netflix movies (e.g., Roma), this is how I feel about most of their original movie content.

With the exception of a handful of the prestige Netflix movies (e.g., Roma), this is how I feel about most of their original movie content.

Agreed. Their TV shows on the other hand have been pretty strong for the most part.

I saw somewhere that Black Mirror season 5 is coming out possibly this week. They've been vague about the release.

I saw Filmworker over the summer and it's on the higher end of my 2018 list. It's on Netflix now, for the record.

Also saw Vice recently. Disappointing. Bale was a good Cheney though.

Watched Soylent Green and Logans Run back to back. Soylent Green was excellent. Edward G. Robinson just absolutely carries the movie. It was the 101st film he made and his very last one, he died of cancer 12 days after shooting ended. His euthanasia scene is the last he ever filmed, and it's absolutely award worthy. As a whole I really think the movie holds up very well, except for some bad supporting acting.

Logans Run was just...not good. I didn't even like it as camp. It's just poorly made and poorly acted, it felt like a 90 minute episode of early Star Trek with local theater actors. The miniature work was really the only redeeming part.

Rewatched Infinity War last night now that it's on the Netflix. I didn't hate it as much as I hated it in the theater, but it's still annoying to have them pretend that guys like Spiderman and Black Panther are dead when they have more movies already scheduled to come out. I realize characters die and get resurrected all the time in comics, but it's supposed to be the emotional climax of the movie and it just comes off as hollow. I guess the whole problem with these MCU movies is it just seems like the purpose of the movie you're watching is to set up the next movie.

Also the whole Star Lord tantrum thing is infuriating and feels like half-assed writing. A couple of 10 year-olds could've come up with a better turning point for that fight.

Vice was fantastic. History nearly made me forget how ruthless and evil Cheney was.

Back