• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw one of my all time favorites over the weekend- Three Days of the Condor.

Glad you liked it...

I saw Big Trouble in Little China last night. Still as much fun as it used to be. If you haven't seen it, I think you'll like it.

If you want silly and haven't see it, look up Buckaroo Bonzai.

American History X is a crazy good movie. Norton doing that guy on the sidewalk was brutal. Movie is 22 years old now.

Watched Bad Education last night and thought it was pretty good. Pretty crazy but true story. Great cast.

For anyone interested, I am on Letterboxd @whitet86. I've started posting 3-5 short reviews every week, i've rated 2,300 movies, and I plan on making some more lists very soon. Letterboxd is actually developing into a pretty solid film based social media platform

2300 movies? That’s over 6 months worth of movies. That’s over 18 months of a 40 hour work week. Damn.

Plus the time to write the review? That’s a part time job. Are you making any revenue?

110,015 posts? Over 3,350 days? That’s 33 posts per day, let’s say an average of 37 words, like the above, that’s an average of 1200 words per day for nearly a decade.

That’s a part time job. Are you making any revenue?

Sample review:

Rocketeer:

Loved it. Fuck Nazis, Amirite?! Also, great mustache.

- signed, whiteguilt69

110,015 posts? Over 3,350 days? That’s 33 posts per day, let’s say an average of 37 words, like the above, that’s an average of 1200 words per day for nearly a decade.

That’s a part time job. Are you making any revenue?

Are you mocking or displaying amazement at dedication to a hobby?

I’m doing the latter.

Watched Contagion over the weekend. Other than some loose ends not tied up and an eye-roll moment here or there, overall it was well done. Obviously a phenomenal cast.

It's also almost exactly on point for the current situation and it's nearly 10 years old. The "It's not a question of if, but when" note during the end credits cuts deep.

It's in the HBO archive if anyone is looking for it.

Watched Contagion over the weekend. Other than some loose ends not tied up and an eye-roll moment here or there, overall it was well done. Obviously a phenomenal cast.

It's also almost exactly on point for the current situation and it's nearly 10 years old. The "It's not a question of if, but when" note during the end credits cuts deep.

It's in the HBO archive if anyone is looking for it.

we watched it at the beginning of the quarantine and one thing I've wondered about is what would happen when the eventual COVID-19 vaccine comes out. in the movie they do this national lottery thing. seems like with as shitty as testing has been it's going to be a goddamn nightmare to coordinate mass vaccinations.

I watched Selfie From Hell yesterday morning and it was terrible.

Saw Triple Frontier on Saturday and it was exactly what you would think it is based on simply looking at the poster. Certainly wasn't good, but I definitely knew that going in. Was a perfectly fine way to spend 2 hours with my wife and some booze though.

we watched it at the beginning of the quarantine and one thing I've wondered about is what would happen when the eventual COVID-19 vaccine comes out. in the movie they do this national lottery thing. seems like with as shitty as testing has been it's going to be a goddamn nightmare to coordinate mass vaccinations.

Oh it will go the same way everything goes, say one thing do the opposite. The first round will go to front line health care workers, emergency responders, police, fire things like that. Also probably a lot of government workers be it federal or state. Then the do opposite comes and you would then think the "heroes" we keep saying would get it, meaning grocery store, factory workers etc.. but we know there's no way in hell that will happen and then it will go to whoever lobbies hardest, CEOs, tech companies, etc...

Been watching a lot of docs lately for "work," I guess. Which is semi-legitimate, but also sometimes feels like a scam, but whatever. Anyway, great hour long look at the role and tradition of the pedal steel in some Pentecostal Church worship.

Blind Willie McTell doc.

I wonder if they'd even "announce" a vaccine before they have a supply that can cover the majority of the population.

Just like with the testing, I bet it starts with requiring a script from your PCP to limit a rush. After the healthcare front line, first responders, etc (what Gossett said).

Back