• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

our history prof in london made us watch The Long Good Friday and i found it boring at the time but i was dumber then i think

Pretty surprised my man Vitti didn't screen Investigation in my Italian Culture class -- it seems like it would have been right up his alley, but who knows.

our history prof in london made us watch The Long Good Friday and i found it boring at the time but i was dumber then i think

Hoskins' facial reactions at the very end have haunted me since I watched this. Some of the best non-verbal acting I've seen.

Watched "Sonic The Hedgehog" last night, posted a review on Letterboxd

Man, I thought it was excellent. Another good, somewhat recent, spy movie Le Carre adaptation I dug was A Most Wanted Man, but I think I heard people didn't really like that one, either, so maybe just me.

oh i also really loved A Most Wanted Man, yeah

that book is good too

extremely different writing style than the smiley books

oh shit, Little Drummer Girl was Le Carre too. that was another really solid adaptation, though a step below Night Manager imo

I thought Night Manager started off alright, but I wasn't feeling it after the first couple eps. May need to revisit. Didn't know about Little Drummer Girl, I def need to check that out.

I thought Night Manager started off alright, but I wasn't feeling it after the first couple eps. May need to revisit. Didn't know about Little Drummer Girl, I def need to check that out.

Skarsgard is really, really good in it.

...Buuuuut again, not as good as Laurie was in The Night Manager. Laurie dominated every scene he was in. The scenes with him and Hiddleston together were nuts.

I am pretty conspiracy-open and had a hard time buying Laurie's motivations, though he was great. I think I'm completely bought in on those motivations now though, and I'm sure Le Carre had some real life models that don't stray too far from the character so maybe I'd enjoy it more a second time. This world is fucked and full of fucked up people who will do a lot of fucked up shit for a little PROFIT/POWER. I feel like it got a little too action-heavy for me, or something, I think I remember; maybe the romance angle was pushed just a bit too much for me. I like the slow spy shit, which I realize is not everyone's bag.

Little Drummer Girl also seems like one of those things I'll start and realize that I actually did watch, though. But I think I'd remember with that cast. Huh. Def going to check it out. Michael Shannon is cool. Skarsgård is usually cool.

Last edited:
Watched The Hunt a couple of days ago, or maybe it's just Hunt.
Not too bad. Lots of stereotypes portrayed on both left and right. Not a great movie by any means whatsoever. Completely unbelievable and unrealistic but not a bad 90 minute escape from reality.

I rewatched Iron Man 2 through the Disney+ over the weekend. While it's not in the upper tier of MCU films, it's not as bad as I originally remembered. Rockwell is great as the anti-Tony Stark and it's nice to rewatch the introduction of Black Widow into the universe. Also I completely forgot about Elon Musk's random cameo.

Also rewatched the first Captain America. Holy hell is Peggy Carter a smokeshow.

Peggy is my favorite MCU character. She was probably going to be a one off but she managed to be part of the entire Cap trilogy, Ant-Man, Age of Ultron, Endgame, and get two seasons of her own show.

Hayley Atwell is hot as hell and she seems pretty damn cool too.

Last edited:
Back