• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I can't tell much about that Costner flick, but anything that's an epic, and especially an epic western, is going to be in my wheelhouse. Doubt I'll see it in the theater, though, especially since he broke it into two films.

I like the subject matter. 1860-1875 covers a lot of ground. 1875 is about the time that Quanah Parker turned himself in, so if it's about the Civil War and postwar settlement on the Texas frontier, that wouldn't surprise me.

Really liked the postman (book) when I read it a looooong time ago. I vaguely recall the movie being unmemorable.

Yes, such a good book. Love good post-apocalyptic stuff (obscure mini-rec: Pelbar Cycle). I so wanted to like the movie, but it was as you say unmemorable.

Only $20M to make two summer movies to appeal to white conservative audiences during an election year? That seems like a good investment.
$20 million could be just his share of a much larger budget, his share of the earnings is proportioned thusly

Also again the point of the tweet, and idk Costner’s finances, is that he’s investing that much personal $ while he’s going through quite a bit of personal turmoil later in life. Really committed to the project!

Just finished "Guy Ritchie's The Covenant" and it has one of the better "America, fuck yeah" moments I can recall since the 80s/early 90s when that was standard protocol (no sarcasm here, it really did).

I dug it, good story. Ritchie putting his name in the title seems more than a little egoistic but still, maybe he deserves it for this.

I just saw "Killers of the Flower Moon," which is excellent and easily one of Scorcese's best. Both DiCaprio and De Niro are outstanding, and so is the rest of the cast. Definitely a must-see. This film should get Oscars and more than just a couple.
I saw it on Saturday with my 15 yr old daughter. It was very well done and the all star cast delivered. I was skeptical about the length of the film (roughly 3.5 hrs), but the story flowed very well and didn't leave me wanting to exit early.

Yea that movie floored me. Between this and Unknown Country, Lily Gladstone has had a great year.

Saw Joy Ride over the weekend and thought it was really funny. Defs worth a watch if you just wanna laugh for 90 mins.

You can't make funny movies anymore because of the woke mob.

earlier this week I asked my wife if we could watch the last 2 Brosnan Bonds as I had only seen them like once each and a podcast I listen to is covering the Brosnan Bonds rn. So after those terrible movies she asked if we could watch all of the Bonds in order. So that's what we're doing. Dr. No and From Russia With Love down, a bunch to go. I haven't seen all of them, particularly some of the latter Moores and either of the Daltons, so should be interesting.

earlier this week I asked my wife if we could watch the last 2 Brosnan Bonds as I had only seen them like once each and a podcast I listen to is covering the Brosnan Bonds rn. So after those terrible movies she asked if we could watch all of the Bonds in order. So that's what we're doing. Dr. No and From Russia With Love down, a bunch to go. I haven't seen all of them, particularly some of the latter Moores and either of the Daltons, so should be interesting.

i'd like to do this some day.

which podcast? I actually kinda like Brosnan, especially Goldeneye

i'd like to do this some day.

which podcast? I actually kinda like Brosnan, especially Goldeneye
they seem to all be on Amazon.

Blank Check is the podcast. For their main show they cover a director's filmography chronologically. Right now they're doing Fincher. For their Patreon they do a lot of franchise watch alongs and offer commentary that's hilarious. They did a series last year on the Moore Bonds and now they're doing Brosnan. So then I can go back to some of the Moore ones I didn't listen to later.

Back