• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Carey Mulligan should be a lock for best actress after Maestro. A stunning performance. Cooper very good as well but really overshadowed, IMO. The movie itself is well done, not for everybody.

Why would you have high hopes for Aquaman 2? I liked the first but they had to release this one to end this DC run.

I saw Godzilla Minus one tonight with the fam and I disagree with everyone that says its the best movie of the year....Its one of the best movies I've ever seen in my entire life. So....freaking.....good. My wife loved it, my teenage boys loved it, I give it the highest possible recommendation. Part monster movie, part WWII movie, part love story, part underdog saves the day movie and mashed together into a masterpiece.

I saw Godzilla Minus one tonight with the fam and I disagree with everyone that says its the best movie of the year....Its one of the best movies I've ever seen in my entire life. So....freaking.....good. My wife loved it, my teenage boys loved it, I give it the highest possible recommendation. Part monster movie, part WWII movie, part love story, part underdog saves the day movie and mashed together into a masterpiece.
This sounds ok, but how do you REALLY feel?

My local theater is only playing it at 12:05 and/or 10:30. The other nearby theater isn’t even showing it. Disappointing.

Saw Migration. It was cute enough. Duck l'orange is a key plot point which our group found funny since that's what I made for Christmas dinner.

does one need to be well-versed in the godzilla series to appreciate it?

Watched Saltburn last night. What a movie. Watching Promising Young Woman now.

Is Godzilla in subtitles?
Yes.

While I'm already composing...

After reading a lot of commentary that said "-1 is the best Godzilla since the original" I watched OG GZ for the first time in, let's just say a long time (I was a kid). There are tons of parallels between the two with respect to themes and the relevance of the characters. It was indeed quite good as a movie, not just a monster romp. Still, in this case, the math is -1 > 1.

Godzilla is in subtitles but didn’t affect our viewing at all. And you don’t need to know anything about Godzilla lore to enjoy, although a little basic WW2 knowledge is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godzilla is in subtitles but didn’t affect our viewing at all. And you don’t need to know anything about Godzilla lore to enjoy, although a little basic WW2 knowledge is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering if my 8 year old can keep up with story.

that's tricky for an 8 year old...much of the plot comes from dialogue so it just kind of depends on if your kid is used to reading subtitles on shows and if they have the attention to keep it up for 2 hours. I doubt my boys could have done it at age 8 but who knows. That said, just watching the Godzilla fight scenes would keep them plenty entertained. My wife says the themes are too mature for an 8 year old, but I say It's a godzilla movie- let'em watch!

Just wondering if my 8 year old can keep up with story.

One of the key parts of the main character, his redemption over the course of the movie will be completely lost on him. But the action scenes are fantastic.

Back