• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Also saw Rebel Moon pt 1 the other day and really enjoyed it. I haven't looked at any reviews of it, but I'm sure the hate out there is strong. I did hear someone say that the story was originally written to be part of the Star Wars universe, and if that's true it totally checks out.

Also saw Rebel Moon pt 1 the other day and really enjoyed it. I haven't looked at any reviews of it, but I'm sure the hate out there is strong. I did hear someone say that the story was originally written to be part of the Star Wars universe, and if that's true it totally checks out.

It's got serious Seven Samurai vibes.

Watched Saltburn yesterday and enjoyed the hell out of it. But man, that movie is a fucking ride.
I really enjoyed Saltburn, it was wild. The end of the film really does explain everything but for some reason I thought it was a good choice in this instance. The reviews show that it was a polarizing twist. Barry Keoghan is awesome, I hope he gets more leading opportunities.

Saltburn was good - didn't really see it as a twist ending though, I thought it was fairly clear what was happening. And Koeghan is excellent and did some great dong-flopping work.

Saltburn was good - didn't really see it as a twist ending though, I thought it was fairly clear what was happening. And Koeghan is excellent and did some great dong-flopping work.

This was my read, too. She did the same thing in Promising Young Woman, too, and I was thinking “yea yea I got it without the explanation” that time, too

anybody ever see any super-long movie?

arthouse theater is showing a handful of 7+ hour movies over the next few weeks, including the 15-hour Berlin Alexanderplatz

I think the longest movie I've ever watched is Happy Hour (2015), which was a little over 5 hours. And then some stuff in the 3.5-4.5 hour range - A Brighter Summer Day, Once Upon a Time in America, Gone with the Wind, etc.

7+ hours is hella long. Just curious, what's on the docket at the theater? I've thought about watching Shoah on Criterion, but yeah, the runtime and subject matter feel pretty overwhelming. I couldn't do it in one sitting.

I assume there will be a cut.of Oppenheimer that checks in at 4 hours or so.

I've done a couple of the Alamo Drafthouse marathons. Had friends that did the 24 hour Nic Cage fest every year, but I could never justify it. It helps when you can order food and beers throughout.

My attention span has enough trouble with a 3 hour movie if I'm not at home where I can pause, so a 5-7 hour movie at a theater just isn't ever going to happen for me.

I think the longest movie I've ever watched is Happy Hour (2015), which was a little over 5 hours. And then some stuff in the 3.5-4.5 hour range - A Brighter Summer Day, Once Upon a Time in America, Gone with the Wind, etc.

7+ hours is hella long. Just curious, what's on the docket at the theater? I've thought about watching Shoah on Criterion, but yeah, the runtime and subject matter feel pretty overwhelming. I couldn't do it in one sitting.
this is the series: https://www.siskelfilmcenter.org/settlein

they did it last year too (and may have been doing it for a long time, not sure), but I can't find the lineup quickly

Best of Youth (La Meglio Gioventu) is 6 hours. Watched it in Venice, but don’t recall if we split it up or not.

Did not like, took a nap

The Holdovers was fantastic. So good and all the feels.

Back