• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Midnight Special (stars Michael Shannon; same dude who made Take Shelter): pretty cool.

Watched London Has Fallen. It was what I expected and totally worth the one night red box rental

I mean, I worked all day yesterday so it was nice to out on something and not have to think about anything for a couple of hours.

Saw Ghostbusters this afternoon and I thought it was very good. It was funny and fresh, and respectful of the original without copying it. Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth are all very funny, and Melissa McCarthy and Kristin Wiig both turn down their normal annoying schtick to a point of semi-normalcy and likeability.

Saw Ghostbusters this afternoon and I thought it was very good. It was funny and fresh, and respectful of the original without copying it. Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth are all very funny, and Melissa McCarthy and Kristin Wiig both turn down their normal annoying schtick to a point of semi-normalcy and likeability.

I heard it was a "serviceable comedy"

By the Sea: Ultimately a poor man's retelling of Hemingway's Garden of Eden. However you do get to see Jolie's best that money can buy reconstructed ( o Y o )s, plus a lot of Melanie Laurent skin, if you like french chicks. C+ I guess.

Shampoo: I had been told by many olds that this was a seminal 70s film as it was the first of the sex comedy genre. Held up pretty well, Lots of hotties and some laughs. Beatty was killing it in the 70s. Solid B.

Spotlight wasn't Oscar-winner good. Dialogue and pacing were a bit off and acting was pretty average.

Watched five movies over the course of my awful travel day back from Santa Barbara. Here is my order of preference:
Sing Street
Everybody Wants Some
10 Cloverfield Lane
Zootopia
Hail Caesar

By the Sea: Ultimately a poor man's retelling of Hemingway's Garden of Eden. However you do get to see Jolie's best that money can buy reconstructed ( o Y o )s, plus a lot of Melanie Laurent skin, if you like french chicks. C+ I guess.

Shampoo: I had been told by many olds that this was a seminal 70s film as it was the first of the sex comedy genre. Held up pretty well, Lots of hotties and some laughs. Beatty was killing it in the 70s. Solid B.

He was 66-68 Morrison handsome. That hair must drive gable nuts.

watched about 15 mins of magic mike somewhere in the middle. Not what I expected and was pretty dang good, even got to hear wooderson drop an alright alright alright....might have to dvr it and watch the whole thing.

It's odd. I am obsessed with the Godfather trilogy, and am Italian, yet my favorite character is Tom Hagen.

Top 5 character ever.

It's odd. I am obsessed with the Godfather trilogy, and am Italian, yet my favorite character is Tom Hagen.

Top 5 character ever.

Have you seen HBOs 'The Godfather Epic' 7 hour chronological cut of the first two films that came out earlier this year? Also includes deleted and extra scenes. Its strange watching it like this but also cool in a weird way.

Back