• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

You're also very self-loathing, so it makes sense.

I'm not self loathing. You know nothing about me.

But I'll give you just one glimpse

Last Mother's Day I received a card from my oldest daughter and it said "to the only mom I ever had". You don't know anything about me son.

Last edited:
I'm not self loathing. You know nothing about me.

But I'll give you just one glimpse

Last Mother's Day I received a card from my oldest daughter and it said "to the only mom I ever had". You don't know anything about me son.

Second time you've mentioned that recently.

Happy belated Mother's Day.

If you read between the lines, Tom Hagen represented what the prototypical American hood became post-WW II: he wasn’t a “street” guy, he was a guy who went to college. He wasn’t dressed in leather, but in a Brooks Brothers suit. And he got his way not by standing toe-to-toe, mano-a-mano with you, a gun to your head, but by whispering the right words into your ear — or someone else’s. Tom Hagen is one the greatest, and most complex, characters in modern American film and fiction, played masterfully by the great Robert Duvall.

Watched the original Sabrina last night with Bogey and Audrey. Really enjoyed it. I've seen the remake a number of times so it was interesting to see the similarities and differences.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is a delight. If you're already on the (director) Taiki Waititi bandwagon then this is a must see. One could say it's sort of a live action Up, both can be boiled down to "fat boy and old man bond" but that's an oversimplification.

The cinematography struck me as painting an even more spectacular picture of New Zealand than the Tolkien adaptations, since Hunt's are all real.

Next up for Waititi - the big leagues with Thor: Ragnarok.

Kept my classic movie thing going and saw Roman Holiday the other night. I thought it was fantastic. Probs my favorite of the classics so far.

Saw Interview with the Vampire last night for the first time in probs 20 years. Holds up really well.

Watched Hail, Caesar! the other night. It was pretty much exactly what the halfway decent reviews said, a lot of pretty good homage scenes to old 40s/50s films thrown together to make a movie that wasn't really that great but was entertaining enough. Glad we didn't pay to see it in the theaters.

Finally saw the Johnny Depp Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I really enjoyed it. Incredibly visually pleasing.

Finally Saw Batman V Superman last night. Batman's house and Wonder Woman/Gal Godot were the best parts. Not a fan of Eisenberg's Luthor.

Saw Lights Out last night. Has some cheap thrills and some pretty startling moments..Still nothing to write home about.

Finally Saw Batman V Superman last night. Batman's house and Wonder Woman/Gal Godot were the best parts. Not a fan of Eisenberg's Luthor.

Finally watched this last night and agree. Gal Gadot is fun to look at.

I didn't hate Affleck as Batman - I thought he was fine enough with the role that was given to him. Better than Kilmer and Clooney, but behind Bale and Keaton.

I DID hate Eisenberg as Luthor though. I don't know if it was his voice, or his stupid hair, or the way he tried to play Luthor's brand of crazy. Maybe it's just because his physical stature is so minuscule. If I thought about it, I could probably come up with 20 actors better suited for that role.

Back