• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

And tweet of the day goes to...

It concluded, but "President Donald Trump will not move forward with a planned Advisory Council on Infrastructure, a person familiar with the matter said Thursday."

White House Celebrates “Infrastructure Week” By … Canceling Infrastructure Council

Economy is great though. Small government not doing a hell of a lot is working great. Thanks trump!

Fewer jobs created in the first 6 months of 2017 than were created in any of the last 5 years. Still humming along but it has slowed down a little from a job creation standpoint.

So what would be an acceptable Afghanistan strategy? If it isn't pulling troops and leaving just a security force (it won't be) then it's a failure to me. A never ending useless war that should have never gone this long to begin with. Most likely it's a significant expansion, so nothing the left wants, and nothing trumps "base" wants, though they blindly follow anyways. I guess war hawk republicans will be happy.

So what would be an acceptable Afghanistan strategy? If it isn't pulling troops and leaving just a security force (it won't be) then it's a failure to me. A never ending useless war that should have never gone this long to begin with. Most likely it's a significant expansion, so nothing the left wants, and nothing trumps "base" wants, though they blindly follow anyways. I guess war hawk republicans will be happy.

Joseph Heller once observed that there comes a time in a nation's history where no decision it makes is the right decision. I believe that's true with Afghanistan. Get out completely, and the Taliban takes over again. Maintain enough of a force, and at least the folks in the part the govt controls a fighting chance. Is it worth the amount of $$ we've sunk into a not really viable state? No, but otherwise it could again become a terror haven that terrorizes its citizens. I don't think an escalation makes any political faction in the US very happy, not even hawks. But as long as this is the only war that is still being prosecuted under Trump, I'll count my lucky stars.

What would happen if Trump went blind? Would the WH cover it up, having him making only make the briefest public appearances that required him to do nothing more than walk in a straight line? Would someone take over his twitter account and try to copy his style?

trump resigning over blindness due to that lame eclipse and not Russia or any of the other bullshit would be hilarious. Especially after Pence took over and started doing things libs actually don't like

Blindness shouldn't prevent someone from being President.

Prediction based on this speech:

Media will say Trump is ready to pivot.

Trump will proceed to tweet some unhinged crazy shit in 12-24 hours.

End Pivot.

Back