• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

Justice Dept. scrutinizes White House-connected doctor linked to disputed coronavirus treatment

Federal prosecutors are examining the communications of a New York family doctor whose work has been discussed on Fox News and who has been in touch with the White House to tout an anti-malarial as a treatment for the novel coronavirus, according to people contacted as part of the inquiry.

The examination of Vladimir “Zev” Zelenko’s records began when an associate, conservative commentator Jerome Corsi, accidentally sent an email intended for Zelenko to another “Z” name in his address book — federal prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky, who as a member of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s team had spent months scrutinizing Corsi’s activities during the 2016 presidential election.

Getting?

He's doing EXACTLY people should have expected. He'd have worked well under Stalin or would have happily made thousands disappear like in South America in the 70s/80s.

Should a sitting POTUS be doing this? Of course not. That said, it's no surprise - I believe the standing assumption in 2016 was that if Trump lost the election, he'd likely try to start his own "news" propaganda network and take some viewers from Fox. Looks like he's finally getting his wish - and he can use OAN to force Fox to keep toeing the party line, not that they need much pushing.

We've been broken, thanks mostly to Republicans, for some time now.

It's just getting worse faster under our current idiot-in-chief and his Republican enablers.

I think it's 1/9 that Trump will give Jared and Ivanka blanket pardons for anything they may or may not have done during his presidency.

We've been broken, thanks mostly to Republicans, for some time now.

It's just getting worse faster under our current idiot-in-chief and his Republican enablers.

TITCR and a necessary admission to help us get back on the right foot. The goal shouldn't be to restore the status of institutions to pre-Trump levels, but to start rebuilding institutions that were eroded throughout W's tenure, as well.

I'm much farther to the left of Connor, so imo I think we need rebuild the welfare state to at least Lyndon B. Johnson-era levels of funding and jurisdiction, but I would also be fine with getting us back to pre-George W. Bush-levels.

We need an accurate telling of US history that reminds people that none of this is unprecedented. We had a pandemic that wiped out much of our society. We had a Great Depression. And then we put in protections to keep them from happening again and to protect individuals and institutions. But the Republicans have dedicated the last 40 years to removing those protections.

We need an accurate telling of US history that reminds people that none of this is unprecedented. We had a pandemic that wiped out much of our society. We had a Great Depression. And then we put in protections to keep them from happening again and to protect individuals and institutions. But the Republicans have dedicated the last 40 years to removing those protections.

Definitely. Republicans and neoliberal Democrats like William Jefferson Clinton who did as much to dismantle the US welfare state as any Republican. If we’re going to accurately tell US history, then we need to accurately tell US history.

Only chance is get this mother fucker out. All hands on deck. If aaaaarrRBG isn't enough to turn out EVERY F ING VOTER in the country this year we may as well shut it all down. Every voter wins over dolt 45

Most Events in the Lincoln Memorial Are Banned. Trump Got an Exception.

So on Sunday, when the president sat down with two Fox News anchors at Lincoln’s marbled feet during a coronavirus-focused virtual “town hall,” it was because a directive issued by David Bernhardt, the secretary of the interior, had allowed them to do so.

Mr. Bernhardt, a former oil lobbyist whose Senate nomination was contested by Democrats who pointed to multiple accusations of conflicts of interest and ethical violations, ordered the memorial temporarily closed for the event, citing the coronavirus.

“Given the extraordinary crisis that the American people have endured, and the need for the president to exercise a core governmental function to address the nation about an ongoing public-health crisis,” Mr. Bernhardt wrote in an order issued Friday, “I am exercising my authority to facilitate the opportunity for the president to conduct this address within the Lincoln Memorial.”

Goes without saying that if the president is doing an event from a closed national park all networks should be carrying the address

Back