• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

Putin's worth $200 billion and y'all freaking out over some hotel bills?

Putin's worth $200 billion and y'all freaking out over some hotel bills?

1) Putin isn't the POTUS

2) It doesn't matter how much anyone is worth, the Constitution is clear on the point. I thought you Pubs were the party of the literal translation of the Constitution?

1) Putin isn't the POTUS

2) It doesn't matter how much anyone is worth, the Constitution is clear on the point. I thought you Pubs were the party of the literal translation of the Constitution?

I'm a democrat, so I'm cool with interpreting it

Trump Hotel in Washington Saw Strong Profit in First Four Months of 2017

Donald Trump’s hotel in Washington, D.C., raised its rates in the months after he became president from what it had planned to charge, helping the facility to outperform the company’s expectations, new financial documents show.

The Trump International Hotel, in the opulently renovated Old Post Office near the National Mall, brought in about $18 million in revenue in the first four months of 2017, in part by charging room rates that were higher than their budgeted prices by around 60%, according to documents viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

According to the representatives’ data, the hotel underperformed its own expectations, earning $1.3 million in revenue in September and $2.8 million in October.

In 2017, the hotel’s fortunes had turned. Revenue rose to $4.7 million in April, the new documents show.

Revenue for new hotels generally increases over time after opening, but the fact that hotel rates were substantially above the budgeted amount and above area rates indicates that Mr. Trump’s presidency likely played a role in the performance.

The hotel’s occupancy was lower than similar hotels. It had a 44.4% occupancy rate compared with 69.5% for comparative hotels. That low rate, however, was offset by the unusually high average daily room rates.

Remember when Obama's Secret Service detail all chipped in to buy him a watch that matched their's for his birthday, and he wore it throughout his presidency? I miss that guy.

President Donald Trump's code name was widely reported during the campaign. He chose to be called 'Mogul', an homage to his real estate empire.

First Lady Melania Trump is known as 'Muse' because of her former career as a model.

Ivanka Trump's Secret Service code name is 'Marvel', according to the Daily Caller.

ABC News reported Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump will be known as 'Mountaineer' and 'Marksman'

Code names for 10-year-old Barron Trump and Tiffany Trump, 23, are 'Minion' and 'Moocher', respectively.

Vice President Mike Pence is known as 'Hoosier' and Second Lady Karen Pence is known as 'Hummingbird'.

Remember when Obama's Secret Service detail all chipped in to buy him a watch that matched their's for his birthday, and he wore it throughout his presidency? I miss that guy.

We were lucky with Presidents for decades, ever since Nixon resigned. They might not always have made the right decisions, and there was plenty to agree and disagree with from each of them. But by and large, all of them were good men.

We were bound to have a shitty human get the Presidency again. I think we are all just astounded at how shitty he is.

President Donald Trump's code name was widely reported during the campaign. He chose to be called 'Mogul', an homage to his real estate empire.

First Lady Melania Trump is known as 'Muse' because of her former career as a model.

Ivanka Trump's Secret Service code name is 'Marvel', according to the Daily Caller.

ABC News reported Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump will be known as 'Mountaineer' and 'Marksman'

Code names for 10-year-old Barron Trump and Tiffany Trump, 23, are 'Minion' and 'Moocher', respectively.

Vice President Mike Pence is known as 'Hoosier' and Second Lady Karen Pence is known as 'Hummingbird'.

I realize someone with the handle "DemonWolverine" can't really talk, but I chose this board name when I was in middle-school.

I realize someone with the handle "DemonWolverine" can't really talk, but I chose this board name when I was in middle-school.

I just don't believe any of those are real. Maybe Karen Pence's is.

How the Boys Run Trump Inc.: With Other People’s Money and Some Dubious Partners

At the new project, here in Cleveland, a landlocked agricultural town of 12,000, he’s changing course midconstruction to install a resort-caliber pool, place decorative balconies on the main building, and construct a hill for another building, a faux Southern mansion. The property’s 17 acres will have a spa, bars, and a meeting hall styled as a cotton gin.

The Chawlas are paying the entire $20 million cost of the project; the Trump Organization will take a cut of sales once it opens. Chawla says it’s well worth it. “These are really good ideas,” he says. “It was going to be me and Buddy and Joe Bob.” The relationship has been good for the Trumps, too. The chief executive of the hotel unit, Eric Danziger, says he flew to Mississippi in August to meet with more potential partners in the state; they contacted him after reading about the Trumps’ plans with the Chawlas.

More foxes guarding the hen house.

Trump gets millions from golf members. CEOs and lobbyists get access to president

Members of the clubs Trump has visited most often as president — in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia — include at least 50 executives whose companies hold federal contracts and 21 lobbyists and trade group officials. Two-thirds played on one of the 58 days the president was there, according to scores they posted online.

Among Trump club members are top executives of defense contractors, a lobbyist for the South Korean government, a lawyer helping Saudi Arabia fight claims over the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and the leader of a pesticide trade group that sought successfully to persuade the Trump administration not to ban an insecticide government scientists linked to health risks.

Trump marked his 100th day in office by visiting a factory owned by a company run by a member of his New Jersey golf club.

Standing behind Trump as he signed two executive orders was Robert Mehmel, president of the company that owns the Harrisburg, Pa., factory and another company that sells radars and electronics to the military, including about $54 million worth of contracts last year.

Like millions of golfers, Mehmel registered his handicap on a public U.S. Golf Association website that golfers use to track their handicaps and check the scores of other players. The site requires golfers to sign up through a club and lists when and where they played. Only members are allowed to associate their handicaps with Trump’s clubs, said Kyle Littlefield, a pro at Trump National Golf Club-Bedminster.

Mehmel registered his handicap there. He posted scores from seven rounds of golf at the club this year. Five were in days in May, June and August when Trump was visiting. Mehmel did not respond to phone calls or emails.

Back