• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

Anybody who agrees to a trump nomination is just asking for their numerous crimes and corruptions to be exposed. If i were them, I'd be hiding out and riding the storm rather than begging for some cabinet seat.

Seriously. The deep state is relentless.

Seriously. The deep state is relentless.

This is not some anti Trump conspiracy. This is what always happens to cabinet nominees (remember when Bill Clinton had several AG nominees rejected because they hired illegal immigrant baby sitters?) the only difference here is that Trump is nominating actual criminals.

Guys, that wasn't even a serious troll attempt by Palma. Just a drive-by.

Get your e-meters calibrated.

Defending Trump is a marathon not a sprint.

Here's an interesting question for the lawyers - Assuming a sitting POTUS can't be tried in criminal court for actions while POTUD (I can't understand that is really true), can a POTUS be tried for crimes he/she committed while in office after he/she is a private citizen assuming the statute of limitations hasn't run out?

"I told Admiral Jackson just a little while ago, what do you need this for?" Trump said of his conversation with the White House physician. "This is a vicious group of people, they malign ... what do you need it for?"
In case there was still any doubt about what path Trump wants Jackson to take, the President noted that "I don't want to put a man through a process like this. It's too ugly and too disgusting. ... If I were him, I wouldn't do it."

ITT, the leader of the United States government says he he wouldn't recommend being a government official. Why does anyone even attempt to prop up Trump? He hates being president. People hate him being president. Yet rubes refuse to let him fall.

More from Mulvaney's speech to bankers:

Mulvaney’s remarks delighted the 1,300 bankers and lawyers in the audience, who laughed at his joke about burning the CFPB headquarters down and applauded his disdain for the agency’s practice of making consumer complaints about financial services companies public. The meeting comes on the ten year anniversary of the banking crisis that set off a global recession.

Mulvaney:

What are we not going to do? Obviously, we are not going to do stuff that’s not in the law. I’ve only got a few minutes left so I won’t talk too much about regulation by enforcement, but the short version is we’re not doing it anymore. I don’t think it’s fair.

Link

If you think about it terms of The Apprentice, I would think you'd see that Trump is a very cool guy. Board room and whatnot. He likes girls for sure and that's something we can talk about if you want, but what's so bad about that?

I have a related theory about Trump’s popularity in the South and Midwest.

I saw comedian Lewis Black perform on his current tour. At the start of his act, he explained he wasn’t going to do many Trump jokes. He said something like, “I’m a New York comedian and I’ve been making fun of Donald Trump for 40 years. It gets old.”

It occurred to me that many of us on the coasts kept up with Trump’s antics. We see him as a corrupt businessman, a serial cheater and hedonist, and the most prominent face of New York City.

I couldn’t understand his appeal in the Bible Belt until I saw Lewis Black. I think a lot of the voters where Trump is popular just had no idea about his reputation. They didn’t read national magazines or tabloids. New York City is some distant place. They know Trump as a successful businessman and boss from TV. That’s why it annoys me when media refer to him as “reality TV star.” It ignored a lot of his shady dealings in the public eye.

All Mulvaney has done is start on cleaning up that slush fund front that the phony Indian and Obama set up as a euphemism— and that confuses the liberal stooge to no end

All Mulvaney has done is start on cleaning up that slush fund front that the phony Indian and Obama set up as a euphemism— and that confuses the liberal stooge to no end

Not what that word means.

Any other POTUS of my lifetime would have fired Mulvaney by now. Trump is looking to promote him.

Back