• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

All Mulvaney has done is start on cleaning up that slush fund front that the phony Indian and Obummer set up as a euphemism— and that confuses the liberal stooge to no end

Fixed it for you. You're off your game.

I have a related theory about Trump’s popularity in the South and Midwest.

I saw comedian Lewis Black perform on his current tour. At the start of his act, he explained he wasn’t going to do many Trump jokes. He said something like, “I’m a New York comedian and I’ve been making fun of Donald Trump for 40 years. It gets old.”

It occurred to me that many of us on the coasts kept up with Trump’s antics. We see him as a corrupt businessman, a serial cheater and hedonist, and the most prominent face of New York City.

I couldn’t understand his appeal in the Bible Belt until I saw Lewis Black. I think a lot of the voters where Trump is popular just had no idea about his reputation. They didn’t read national magazines or tabloids. New York City is some distant place. They know Trump as a successful businessman and boss from TV. That’s why it annoys me when media refer to him as “reality TV star.” It ignored a lot of his shady dealings in the public eye.

This is a good post.

Not what that word means.

Oh come now. These are clear usages of euphemisms, if you will allow. What’s the name of the so-called consumer agency? It’s some acronym of a euphemism which would be similar to Orwell’s constructs.

It’s all “meant to ‘imply’ but not to ‘mean’”.

“Acronym of a euphemism?”

“Acronym of a euphemism?”

You bunch of smart asses. It’s a god damn collection of initial letters that stand in place of some bullshit agency the name of which is meant to conjure up warm fuzzies for “consumer protection” all while standing outside of government oversight and serving as a Democrat slush fund.

So yea, College, an acronym of a euphemism.

Oh goodness gosh, everybody. Look at what that nasty Trump admin is trying to do to consumer rights by attacking the “CFPB”!

What is to be done? This CFPB is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.. doesn’t that just say it all?!!

- now in reality it is an agency set up to stand outside government oversight — pretty strange for a consumer protection agency to be outside the purview of any oversight and have a director who basically cannot be fired without an act of Congress. Sure looks to be above board

Let’s see what the Atlantic has to say:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/503660/

Read carefully the Washington Circuit Courts judgement of the CFPB

from the Atlantic piece:

“The Director enjoys significantly more unilateral power than any single member of any other independent agency. By “unilateral power,” we mean power that is not checked by the President or by other colleagues. Indeed, other than the President, the Director of the CFPB is the single most powerful official in the entire United States Government, at least when measured in terms of unilateral power.”

And this startling revelation:

“The court then goes on to proclaim that the director of the CFPB is given more power and autonomy than the speaker of the house, senate majority leader, or even a Supreme Court justice.”

tenor.gif

Lectro, how do you pronounce CFPB?

I'll diverge from acronyms of euphemisms (lolwut?) for this. Ronny Jackson, OUT!

Can't wait for staffers to show emails that refute Pruitt's lies.

A Pruitt Aide's Attack on Zinke Angers the White House

As Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt faces a seemingly endless stream of scandal, his team is scrambling to divert the spotlight to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. And the White House isn’t happy about it.

In the last week, a member of Pruitt’s press team, Michael Abboud, has been shopping negative stories about Zinke to multiple outlets, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the efforts, as well as correspondence reviewed by The Atlantic.

Abboud alleged to reporters that an Interior staffer conspired with former EPA deputy chief of staff Kevin Chmielewski to leak damaging information about the EPA, as part of a rivalry between Zinke and Pruitt. The collaboration, Abboud claimed, allowed the Interior staffer to prop up Zinke at the expense of Pruitt, and Chmielewski to “get back” at his former boss.

Back