• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Was really happy to see Mallory Pugh back to the form we saw from her in her early start with the USWNT. To me her missed chance was tougher than the announcers made it out to be. She made an error trying to right foot it on the run, but it was struck very hard by Smith and skipped more to a half volley. It would have been a great finish either way. She and Smith make a very strong pair on the wings in that front 3 if they settle on a number 9 before the WC next year. Colombia looked like a team worthy of WC qualifying from Conmebol. Good for them.

Was really happy to see Mallory Pugh back to the form we saw from her in her early start with the USWNT. To me her missed chance was tougher than the announcers made it out to be. She made an error trying to right foot it on the run, but it was struck very hard by Smith and skipped more to a half volley. It would have been a great finish either way. She and Smith make a very strong pair on the wings in that front 3 if they settle on a number 9 before the WC next year. Colombia looked like a team worthy of WC qualifying from Conmebol. Good for them.

Yeah, Pugh was active all game. Just had a couple of iffy finishing attempts. Agree we'll be fine with her and Smith, especially with Lavelle's talent at through balls.

ESPN FC ranked the Top 50 women's players in the world and put one American in the top 10 and 6 in the top 50.

A young US women’s side with something to prove against a stronger rest of the world is a new storyline for women’s sports. Should be fun. I need to remember to watch them vs. Colombia tonight.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-es...nk-the-50-best-footballers-in-the-world-today

289608269_3264044380496993_2326832151029426485_n.jpg

U20 USMNT vs. Costa Rica tonight at 7:00pm for a place in the U20 World Cup. Should we win, we would likely play Honduras in the semifinals for a spot in the next summer Olympics (which we've missed like what? 3 in a row now?)

How is Lavelle not in the top 10? To me, she's easily the best player on our team.

U20 USMNT vs. Costa Rica tonight at 7:00pm for a place in the U20 World Cup. Should we win, we would likely play Honduras in the semifinals for a spot in the next summer Olympics (which we've missed like what? 3 in a row now?)

Nice. It's on FS2. I'm going through sports withdrawal now that NBA and Stanley Cup are over.

Nice. It's on FS2. I'm going through sports withdrawal now that NBA and Stanley Cup are over.

I'm in the same boat now that the NBA finals are over, which I enjoyed. I had my knee scoped a couple of weeks ago and can't do much except watch sports. And I don't watch baseball or hockey, so it's just golf and soccer, and I'm so pissed we're not in the middle WC, which would have been perfect to convalesce to.

I’m going off memory from when I read that this morning, but I think I recall Spain has six players in the top half of those rankings and five of them play for Barca.

Yep. And with European soccer in the offseason. Definitely the worst few weeks of the year for sports.

Paxten with a brace and the US look well on their way to the World Cup, barring an epic collapse. Still would need to win on Friday to qualify for the Olympics.

Last edited:
Big brawl after the final whistle. Fox cut the coverage but it was a bunch from each team going at it

Full on punches too. Hope we don't see any suspensions from it. Costa Rica definitely started it after our players ran on the field celebrating after qualifying

Full on punches too. Hope we don't see any suspensions from it. Costa Rica definitely started it after our players ran on the field celebrating after qualifying

If we have to sacrifice anyone to suspension let it be Cowell. Dude is just not impressing me, the Philly kids are playing much better. Luna looked gassed last night, playing every two days will do that, but him, Aaronson and Sullivan have been the stars of this tournament for us.

Big brawl after the final whistle. Fox cut the coverage but it was a bunch from each team going at it

The women's game got chippy right at the end too.

Back