• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Seems like Berhalter (outside the obvious key players and their fitness) was picking based on who's playing regularly and who's most consistently in form. Also position versatility is a big part of this squad.

Seems like Berhalter (outside the obvious key players and their fitness) was picking based on who's playing regularly and who's most consistently in form. Also position versatility is a big part of this squad.

He picked like 5 MLS players that haven't played in 4-5 weeks

Now that we have clarity on who the keeper will be, the open questions are who partners Zimmerman, who starts on the right wing, and who starts up front.

For me the back line is simple:

Jedi - Ream - Zimmerman - Dest

If Dest is out then Scally starts

I don't think you can solve RW until you decide who's up front. It's really a toss up since we've never seen Weah and Reyna healthy at the same time. I probably be cheeky and start Reyna or Weah at the 9 and the other at RW leaving you something like:

Pulisic-Weah-Reyna
McKennie-Adama-Musah
Jedi-Ream-Zimmerman-Dest
Turner

You then have your #9 subs as needed and Aaronson on for almost any of the front 5 as needed.

My guess at what GGG will run:

Pulisic-Jesus-Weah
McKennie-Adama-Musah
Jedi-Long-Zimmerman-Dest
Turner

No major surprises. I would have taken Ivan Toney over Callum Wilson but that’s a toss up. I also don’t think Connor Gallagher has been in form this year and might have opted for James Ward-Prowse over him but I get that Gallagher is a more dynamic option. Interesting that with Chilwell hurt, there is only one left back. If Shaw is injured or suspended, Trippier probably plays on the left.

England:

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ben White.

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice.

Forwards: Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson.

Personal distractions? These guys are professionals. Sometimes you’re the backup. That’s just how it is.
Yeah I tend to lean PH on this. You’re both professionals. If you can’t perform because Steffen is on the bench behind you, you probably shouldn’t be starting

And leaving Steffen behind also means that if god forbid something happens to Turner, then you have a larger drop in your next GK. I just don’t really get it on any level

Atleast some of the other omissions made some sense in terms of style, injuries, position depth, etc. but this was weird to me

Yeah I tend to lean PH on this. You’re both professionals. If you can’t perform because Steffen is on the bench behind you, you probably shouldn’t be starting

And leaving Steffen behind also means that if god forbid something happens to Turner, then you have a larger drop in your next GK. I just don’t really get it on any level

Atleast some of the other omissions made some sense in terms of style, injuries, position depth, etc. but this was weird to me
agreed

For me the back line is simple:

Jedi - Ream - Zimmerman - Dest

If Dest is out then Scally starts

I don't think you can solve RW until you decide who's up front. It's really a toss up since we've never seen Weah and Reyna healthy at the same time. I probably be cheeky and start Reyna or Weah at the 9 and the other at RW leaving you something like:

Pulisic-Weah-Reyna
McKennie-Adama-Musah
Jedi-Ream-Zimmerman-Dest
Turner

You then have your #9 subs as needed and Aaronson on for almost any of the front 5 as needed.

My guess at what GGG will run:

Pulisic-Jesus-Weah
McKennie-Adama-Musah
Jedi-Long-Zimmerman-Dest
Turner
I think he chooses Long, Ferreira and Weah as well, although Ream and Reyna starting wouldn't surprise me. Personally, I would go with Ream, Reyna and Sargent in those 3 spots.

no way GGG doesn't start one of sargent or jesus at the 9

and I feel kinda bad for aaron long because i have no beef with him but yeesh wtf

no way GGG doesn't start one of sargent or jesus at the 9

and I feel kinda bad for aaron long because i have no beef with him but yeesh wtf
Losing Miles Robinson to injury and Chris Richards to a lesser extent is a killer. Ideally, Zimmerman would be partnered with an athletic center back with pace. GGG wants Aaron Long to be that guy but he hasn't been good since his return from his achilles injury. I prefer Ream due to his passing range, current form and experience but his lack of pace is a serious concern.

I think arguments could be made for Ramos and Thiago, but DDG not making the Spanish roster is a bit of a head scratcher. He’s re gained pretty elite form. I don’t this how distribution is perfect, but everything else seems to be back.

I'll PM you for help once it gets closer if needed. Going to wait until rosters are released before worrying too much about it tho.
I'm not sure how we can get in a fantasy draft for the WC on time actually given how long I remember the last one taking.
Any ideas?

That goes for anyone else that would like to play as well

That's really cool. Always love Argentina's and Uruguay's kits. And this is the last hurrah for the stars on both teams. After the US, I'm pulling for Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium.

Im going to go ahead and organize a WC Fantasy Sign Up Thread if that is cool with everyone. Ill go ahead and "include" those who were interested in this thread unless they say otherwise in the signup

I still have the docs from the last 2-3 contests we have done, so wont be too hard to recreate.

Back