• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I'll admit, I'm one of those that only really pays attention to Wake soccer and the World Cup. How good/bad was the draw vs Wales yesterday?

Probably ok in terms of expectations and how we had been playing prior to the cup but awful in terms of talent discrepancy. We seemed like the vastly superior side.

We don't have the depth to compete in this tournament. Our stars can play with anyone for 55 minutes but too many aren't 90 mins match fit.

I think McKennie and Dest will both be out vs. England

Pulisic - Weah - Reyna
Musah - Adams - Aaronson
Jedi - Ream - Zimmerman - Scally

Is how I would line up. We can compete with England for 60 mins but their subs will be the difference the final 30

really blew an opportunity yesterday

not bringing in reyna and running play through him in the second half once things opened up seems like a big miss

does greg survive if they don't make it out of the group now that his brother is gone from US Soccer?

We don't have the depth to compete in this tournament. Our stars can play with anyone for 55 minutes but too many aren't 90 mins match fit.

I think McKennie and Dest will both be out vs. England

Pulisic - Weah - Reyna
Musah - Adams - Aaronson
Jedi - Ream - Zimmerman - Scally

Is how I would line up. We can compete with England for 60 mins but their subs will be the difference the final 30
I think the fitness is definitely a huge issue. So why you don’t counter that with a slew of subs earlier (especially against a Welsh side you were dominating early), I’m not sure

really blew an opportunity yesterday

not bringing in reyna and running play through him in the second half once things opened up seems like a big miss
thought we heard that Reyna was injured? Or am I making that up? Based on his history it wouldn't be the most shocking development, and I question how much he can be counted on going forward.

Gregg isn't coming back, regardless of the results.

I think the fitness is definitely a huge issue. So why you don’t counter that with a slew of subs earlier (especially against a Welsh side you were dominating early), I’m not sure
I mostly agree with this regarding fitness, but did the subs that we did make actually do anything of importance in the second half? The biggest contribution by a sub was probably Acosta taking a smart foul to make sure we didn't lose.

I'd argue the inability to adjust to the tactical shift by Wales in the second half was much more damning than the sub decisions. We came out for the second half with seemingly no adjustment at all, which is inexcusable considering how obvious it was that Wales would look to be much more aggressive down 1-0.

Aaronson looked like a breath of fresh air, Acosta played well, and Yedlin was needed for fresh legs

Back