• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

You can see Argentina losing to Mexico....maayyyybe Poland....

But the 2nd longest unbeaten run in international football history, 36 games, being broken by Saudi Arabia?...one of the lowest ranked teams in the tournament (lowest ranked?)?

It hadn't occurred to me that there would be a significant home field advantage for Saudi, but it certainly seems that way. And, geographically, I guess it makes sense. Still, absolutely shocking.

Wishing I'd posted my Saudi getting out of the group bold call (granted another one was Iran winning Group B). Herve Renard is a boss.

Argentina need Higuain!

If Argentina now don't win their group (they probably still will, but who knows) coming in second may not so bad -- I'd take a Ned-Ecuador, then Poland-Mex-Saudi-Denmark path to the semis all eternity long

Another opportunity pissed away by USMST; first half they looked like Champs, second, Chumps.
No excuse for that penalty in the box. The defender had his back to the goal. Totally unnecessary.
The last 10 minutes was all Wales. We were lucky with a draw. Advancing is now 50/50 at best.
Outside of the last 10 mins and the defender misnomer part what’s incorrect about this take. We held like 90 percent of the possession on the first half and still were outshot and I felt lucky to get the draw. No adjustment to a pretty weak press. It’s a crapshoot to get through now. Although for some stupid reason I feel like we come out and get a result Friday.

I was hoping Mexico could sneak out of this group. Looking better now.

Lol wut
e4bd92ec8003ea4c82d8618540b8ea82.jpg

Wishing I'd posted my Saudi getting out of the group bold call (granted another one was Iran winning Group B). Herve Renard is a boss.

Argentina need Higuain!

If Argentina now don't win their group (they probably still will, but who knows) coming in second may not so bad -- I'd take a Ned-Ecuador, then Poland-Mex-Saudi-Denmark path to the semis all eternity long
Renard definitely knows what he is doing. He coached Zambia to an Africa Cup of Nations final while I lived there and then went and did it again with Ivory Coast

Last edited:
Back