• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Youth soccer in the US is historically about winning, rather than developing talent. So you rely on teams made on bigger, more athletic kids rather than technical ability. All the talk of IF KOBE PLAYED STRIKER WE'D SCORE1000 GOALS!@@ doesnt understand our true deficit is kids playing with a ball attached to their foot at 4 or 5 years old every day and developing that incredible touch you see from truly world class players. We're getting there though. There are much better youth academies being set up that aren't just for upper middle class kids and search out kids who haven't previously had the right opportunities. Kids growing up with soccer in their veins rather than being pushed into it as a social venue. We're far more talented now than we've ever been and that continues to grow.

I can't speak for anywhere else but the NC Fusion program focuses on technical development over winning. It actually frustrates a lot of parents as our teams rarely win in big tournaments.

This ref is not helping my fantasy team. Tchoumeni wins a great ball and he instead calls a foul and gives him a yellow card.

I'm saving this link. Will be interesting to see how far off they are given four years is an eternity in sports.

God I want Senegal to beat England so bad. Can Senegal beat France? Probs not, but that match would be entertaining as hell.

Back