• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Seemed odd that the refs allowed Martinez to hold the ball and then mockingly throw it away from the 3rd France kicker for him to fetch. I also don’t watch a lot of soccer so maybe that’s normal.

Seemed odd that the refs allowed Martinez to hold the ball and then mockingly throw it away from the 3rd France kicker for him to fetch. I also don’t watch a lot of soccer so maybe that’s normal.
One point among many the official missed. Romero committed an insane amount of fouls without a yellow. There were multiple yellow card level pull backs he let play that should have been called back and multiple plays he called back he should have let continue. Oh well.

I don’t get the hate for penalties. I understand the desire for a golden goal finish, but let’s be honest - you could end up with 3+ hour matches in that scenario, where results would likely be decided more often than not by a mistake resulting from fatigue/sloppy play than an actual quality finish.

With penalties, there’s arguably nothing more dramatic in sports…

Just watched the extra period and penalty shootout in full, wasn’t able to watch live earlier today. My only comment is that Emi Martinez seems like a genuine crazy motherfucker. Like, if I saw him out at a bar or on the street, I would turn the other way and get as far away as I could. But one hell of a goalkeeper.

Nice to see John Terry make the trophy presentation....

Oh wait, sorry, that's Kun Aguero. Retired footballer.
02a96b12016fb9963bcfcdd09eeeb78e.jpg

Benzema retiring from international football today reminds everyone of the petulant child that he is.

One point among many the official missed. Romero committed an insane amount of fouls without a yellow. There were multiple yellow card level pull backs he let play that should have been called back and multiple plays he called back he should have let continue. Oh well.

I thought the referee really did a good job. Kept control without making it all about him. But. Just one man's opinion

Ref shoulda given him a card for this IMHO, but it wouldn't have changed anything. Martinez didn't have a card already, and he didn't do it again.

so explain to me again how VAR works. there's a video assistant ref that confirms things but if they're unsure they get the actual ref to look? or they just spot check stuff like offsides and the actual ref does penalty reviews? because you stop play and the ref is sitting there listening in his earpiece for a bit then he might finally go over and look at the monitor.

Aguero’s a retired player because of a heart condition, otherwise he almost certainly would have been in the squad.

Also the father of a Maradona grandkid.

He was there because the squad wanted him there — at least he didn’t go full kit wanker with shin pads and boots. I thought it was cool.

Reactions: BTB
you aren't on the squad. you don't lift the trophy.

I like Aguero and hate that he had to retire for the reason that he did, but it was a douchey move. It just was.

I mean he won't go in the official record as a winner it's just a hat tip to their colleague

Back