• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Dest had a very poor tournament, compared to his expectations coming in. Not worried about him at all, but hope GGG can get the most out of him moving forward.

Horvath played a hell of a game. Pulisic with the stones for that upper corner. I loved that we scrapped all night and didnt back down.

Hooray for the youth movement

Keep in mind European based players have basically been going non-stop for a full calander year too

Legs have to be gassed

Oh yeah that's definitely a factor. The Euro guys need a month off ASAP. I'm okay not seeing any of Dest, Pulisic, McKennie, Brooks and Reyna against Costa Rica on Wednesday.

That's right folks we still have another friendly with this group in two days. Its suppose to mimic our upcoming three-match WCQ windows with the Swiss friendly being the European match they play before they fly back for the internationally break, but man does it just seem silly and pointless to play another friendly after last night.

Oh yeah that's definitely a factor. The Euro guys need a month off ASAP. I'm okay not seeing any of Dest, Pulisic, McKennie, Brooks and Reyna against Costa Rica on Wednesday.

That's right folks we still have another friendly with this group in two days. Its suppose to mimic our upcoming three-match WCQ windows with the Swiss friendly being the European match they play before they fly back for the internationally break, but man does it just seem silly and pointless to play another friendly after last night.

So so dumb

Puli got a ton of attention in both games, doubled up and pushed around

up to McKennie and Reyna and crew to make teams abandon that strategy

Also, we'll see Musah in a meaningless friendly, of course, instead of bringing him when he could have helped in a competitive match that would cap-tie him.

I am TIRED! But, man that was awesome! Loved the grit and fight from the US!

Would love to see DeeKay and Hoppe start up top together vs. Costa Rica. Major Altidore/Davies throw back vibes from those combined skill sets

Little outside the box, but I actually think Acosta would do well on the left if we are going 3 at the back. Just because it's 3 centerbacks doesn't mean it needs to be 3 hulking dudes. Especially with a team like Mexico sending tricky winger types to run at Ream.

Wow. That side to side comparison is something else.

Like the opposite of my ex girlfiend

Man, I have not missed watching CONCACAF officiating. Just miserable all over the place - missed calls, complete lack of control, questionable VAR calls, questionable non-reviewed plays and I have no idea how any of the injury time was decided.

But there is nothing better than pulling out a win in a match like that against Mexico. US was like 5 years younger on average but showed lots of poise and maturity in coming back twice and keeping their head while also not backing down. Loved it, even if the attack is still missing a lot of chemistry.

What was the deal with the stoppage time in the second half of extra time not being announced until 5 minutes into stoppage time? They really just said let's wait 5 minutes then announce another 5?

Odds on our chances if it had gone to penalties? Whom would have been our five? Thank God we won in ET.

Odds on our chances if it had gone to penalties? Whom would have been our five? Thank God we won in ET.

I don't even want to think about it. Ochoa > Horvath and they went to penalties 3 days ago.

I wanted no part of a PK shootout

Back