• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I think Acosta's versatility will keep him around, but I see no reason that Lletget should continue getting A squad minutes. Would have preferred Musah subbing on instead. Really hoping Yunus is part of the Gold Cup setup, would like to see him get consistent minutes.

What's the thought on Yunus Musah? Has to be something going on behind the scenes, right? How does he not see a single minute of either match with 6 subs, any of which would have cap tied him to the US? Unannounced injury? Or cold feet?

What's the thought on Yunus Musah? Has to be something going on behind the scenes, right? How does he not see a single minute of either match with 6 subs, any of which would have cap tied him to the US? Unannounced injury? Or cold feet?

He posted a photo of his hugging the trophy at his locker, which doesn't lead me to believe it was cold feet.

The weird thing about McKenzie last night is that wasn't just the horrid, lazy passes he made that caused his problems. His first touch was brutal all night. Admittedly, I haven't followed his pro career as much as I'd like, but I don't remember this being a knock on him. It wasn't an issue v Honduras, either. Nerves?

At least Gooch doesn't have to choke a bitch, amirite?

Did you stay up for his post game apology? It was cringeworthy. Kate Abdo jumped in and defended him, but man was it awkward (not less awkward than the comment that got him in this mess, of course).

Why would Musah change his mind after winning a trophy? Got to be a great feeling as a teenager.

Already, especially with the long term Long injury. I see no one in our pool that is above Richards for #2, not sure it's really close either.
What is that dude up to that Chelsea signed a few years ago?
Mr Miagi or something like that

yeah, McKenzie's first touch was worrisome on several plays

he made some nice long passes to unlock some things, mostly in the latter part of the 1st half, but unfortunately I don't think he's much more than back-end depth at best

he's only 22 though, so not giving up on him yet

Do we know what happened to the guy that just yeeted himself off set?

That's amazing. I didn't catch that live.

Someone please tell me why McKennie shouldn't be our captain moving forward. The dude was a beast last night; even when he's off his game, he's got the charisma and leadership a team needs. Berhalter won't do it, but he should make Weston the permanent captain.

Did you stay up for his post game apology? It was cringeworthy. Kate Abdo jumped in and defended him, but man was it awkward (not less awkward than the comment that got him in this mess, of course).
Yeah I saw that. Just bad bad bad all around

Kate's words were so much better

Dest, McKenzie, and a few others all seemed to struggle to catch up the speed/intensity of play. Several ex-US players have made the point that a US-Mexico competitive match is very high level, and more intense than anything they had seen before. It takes a little while to adjust and catch up. I wouldn't write off any the debutants yet, I expect them all to look better in WCQ now that they have a match like this under their belts.

I'm dead
cdb2ae40de71de0ec8099ac2dc63f45e.jpg

Dest, McKenzie, and a few others all seemed to struggle to catch up the speed/intensity of play. Several ex-US players have made the point that a US-Mexico competitive match is very high level, and more intense than anything they had seen before. It takes a little while to adjust and catch up. I wouldn't write off any the debutants yet, I expect them all to look better in WCQ now that they have a match like this under their belts.
Keep in mind European based players have basically been going non-stop for a full calander year too

Legs have to be gassed

Back