• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

It’s remarkable to think at the last World Cup we had no number 9. Now we can debate who the first choice is because several are in top form.

i don't know what "true open cup" means, but 100 teams participated last year

the preliminary round games between the local lower level teams and semi-pro teams to qualify for the USOC is a good time

How about if college teams participated?

How about if college teams participated?
A lot of college players play for lower division, mainly USL 2 teams, in their offseason. Those teams make up the first round of games that start the tournament.

Sargent tweaked his ankle late in the game. I'm guessing he skips the call up. Maybe Vazquez or Wright get called in?

that shit is blowing my mind

or has that dude turned a corner? havne't watched a minute of him this season
I haven't watched a lot other than highlights. A few right time, right place goals but he is getting a lot of love from the press and fans so he must be putting in the work.

His work rate was never the issue for me

His first touch, overall technique and composure always made me shake my head tho

His work rate was never the issue for me

His first touch, overall technique and composure always made me shake my head tho
Yeah by "work" I meant training/improving. Seems like he's maturing and those things are coming around. I don't think he'll ever be a finesse striker necessarily, but I think he can be a pain in the ass, line leading forward who knows how to find the pass and finish.

Oh, sorry, I knew what you meant and what I typed wasn't clear.

His ceiling to me, again without seeing him this season, is a guy to bring off the bench when chasing the game to just pester tired defensive legs constantly. And if he can finish chances better now then all the better.

And I do think he made some smart runs so maybe with one of those he could create a chance as well. I'm all for being completely wrong about him if he's improved.

Agreed. And I know it's the Championship, but if he kept these numbers over a healthy season you're talking Mitrovic/Solanke/Toney/Watkins production over the past 4 years of Championship football. Different player entirely, but he's scoring goals at the same clip.

Sargent tweaked his ankle late in the game. I'm guessing he skips the call up. Maybe Vazquez or Wright get called in?

Sargent and De La Torre dropped

Wright and Aaronson added

Pulisic goal, that’s 12G + 8A this season

Back