• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Night before the NC State game. Bummer.

I'm going to do Cinci for the Mexico WCQ then pick up the wife and head down to Montego Bay, Jamaica for the week, day tripping to Kingston for the away match vs the Reggae Boyz (assuming travel is allowed)

Home WCQ vs. Mexico gets yanked from Columbus.....

...and moved to Cincinati!

Columbus gets the October WCQ vs. Costa Rica

I’m fine with them moving it since the stadium is gone, but maybe to another state? Two games in the same state in back-to-back windows is lame. I liked the Minnesota idea.

I’m fine with them moving it since the stadium is gone, but maybe to another state? Two games in the same state in back-to-back windows is lame. I liked the Minnesota idea.

Meh, they're finally choosing matches based on home field advantage. Im cool with it. Hell, I'd be fine with Columbus or Kansas City getting multiple matches each WCQ cycle.

I think Minnesota, Kansas City, and Orlando will get the final 3 matches in 2022, FWIW.

What’s the home field advantage of Cincinnati over Columbus?

Pretty sure he means games in the Midwest as opposed to coastal/southern cities where there are a lot more ex-pats of the countries we play in qualifiers.

Pretty sure he means games in the Midwest as opposed to coastal/southern cities where there are a lot more ex-pats of the countries we play in qualifiers.

New York is the most recent example, last cycle. We played Costa Rica in Red Bull Arena and it was an away match.

Wake Forest vs Clemson or NC State vibes

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (US sends B/C squad to Gold Cup)

How is Matt Turner not playing in a Top 5 league right now?

He’s an ELITE shot stopper.

He has a higher WAR (whatever the soccer equivalent of that stat is) than Carlos Vela in MLS over the last three seasons

He needs to be our #1 moving forward

Someone is going to blow out a knee on this pitch.

How is Matt Turner not playing in a Top 5 league right now?

He’s an ELITE shot stopper.

He has a higher WAR (whatever the soccer equivalent of that stat is) than Carlos Vela in MLS over the last three seasons

He needs to be our #1 moving forward

I feel like Horvath earned the #1 spot for now

Another 45 mins in which Gregg’s Guardiola Gambit hasn’t created any real chances from open play

So tired of this boreball

I get that. I thought he was making a point of Cincinnati over Columbus which didn't make much sense. Instead he was making a midwest over coast which makes sense.

I feel like Horvath earned the #1 spot for now

I don’t know if 75 competitive mins moves you up to #1. His FREE transfer to a struggling Championship side wasn’t very inspiring.

At this point it should go to the most in-form keeper during the next year. Which means Steffen needs games and Horvath better excel from the jump. Turner is a brick wall in MLS every week. His advanced stats are unreal and far better than Steffen’s in Columbus.

The most improved quality this new era of Americans has is their ability to shithouse

We are so good at it now

Kellyn Acosta is the shithousing god pre-penalty. Needs to be on the field at all times.

Back