• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

There’s a reason we play Mexico in Ohio for the WCQs

Also we announced that we weren’t bringing our A squad months ago, so US fans were never going to pay $90+ for a ticket to a final we didn’t think we’d been in.

The placement of this final was intentionally done to maximize revenue from El Tri fans

LOL. The US fans who actually showed got a hell of a show and will have a hell of a party tonight.

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (US sends B/C squad to Gold Cup)

Turner’s got to get a look for #1 keeper, right? I’d put him ahead of both Steffen and Horvath.

Finally National teams don't have to give back a goal for an offsides flag or VAR decision made with a metric grade school ruler.

Turner and Miles Robinson should definitely be in the WC Qualifying roster. Acosta over Yeuill if either one make it. Zardes and Hoppe both in over Sargent for me. Please leave LLeget, Roldan and Arriola at home. Experience only counts if you're decently better than the younger guys. Go ahead and take Busio and/or Williamson just because if there's room. Take Reggie Cannon and/or Shaq Moore.

GO USWNT! Beat Canada !

Finally National teams don't have to give back a goal for an offsides flag or VAR decision made with a metric grade school ruler.

Turner and Miles Robinson should definitely be in the WC Qualifying roster. Acosta over Yeuill if either one make it. Zardes and Hoppe both in over Sargent for me. Please leave LLeget, Roldan and Arriola at home. Experience only counts if you're decently better than the younger guys. Go ahead and take Busio and/or Williamson just because if there's room. Take Reggie Cannon and/or Shaq Moore.

GO USWNT! Beat Canada !

Acosta, Robinson, and Turner are stone cold locks for WCQ

Probably Hoppe too

Robinson was a beast. As an Atlanta United fan this sadly will mean he has to go to Europe soon.

Man, that was fun last night. Takeaways:

-Acosta didn't play for a couple of years because he was flat out poor. Damn did he reverse the script or what this time around? So happy for him. He was a rock for us. Wish he'd been the captain last night. Oh, and that free kick to set up the winner...picture perfect. Speaking of which...
-Robinson's goal will go down in history, but what he did to anchor things the past few weeks was even more special. Having an athlete who also has technical ability in the back four is something we haven't had in some time. He deserved to be up there instead of Herrera.
-Sands had a wonderful tournament, but we need to pump the brakes a bit on him. As Edu said, he was exposed a bit in the semis and final. His future is bright, however.
-His early gaffe aside (I think that was nerves more than his ability to play it on the floor), Turner was possibly the story of the Gold Cup for the US. Shot stopping and aerial ability are most important, and it's hard to argue that Steffen is better at both (especially the latter) than Turner. GGG is loyal to a fault, so I don't expect to see movement at #1, but it's something that has to be considered.
-Give Hoppe a full year in Germany and the kid is going to be incredible. His work rate is sick, his tenacity is obvious, and he's going to be really damn good. Just needs some seasoning.

Let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Fuck off, 2018. We're past it. Big things ahead!

Last edited:
A midfield 3 of Acosta in this form with McKennie and Adams on either side of him is really exciting.

A midfield 3 of Acosta in this form with McKennie and Adams on either side of him is really exciting.

I see Acosta and Adams in the same role, no? I think we move forward with Acosta as the backup to Adams, which is still incredibly important. Coming into this summer, that was by far our biggest drop off in positional depth.

I see Acosta and Adams in the same role, no? I think we move forward with Acosta as the backup to Adams, which is still incredibly important. Coming into this summer, that was by far our biggest drop off in positional depth.

Agreed. We'll need that depth with the way the octagonal is configured.

Breaking: first look at USMNT WCQ 23 man roster*

GK: Steffen, Horvath, Turner
D: A Robinson, Brooks, M Robinson, Dest, Miazga/McKenzie (one of the two), Cannon/Moore (one of the two), Richards
MF: McKennie, Adams, Acosta, Musah, Aaronson, Lletget
F: Pulisic, Reyna, Sargent, Weah, Zardes, Hoppe

Bubble guys: Yedlin, Giaochinni, Dike, Sands, Roldan, Siebatcheu, Reynolds, Zimmerman, Busio, Konrad de la Fuente

I'm sure that I'm missing someone. Not my preferred list (Lletget, for example), but guys I see Berhalter picking.

GK: Steffen, Turner, Horvath
D: Brooks, Robinson, Richards, Zimmerman, Dest, Robinson, Yedlin, Cannon
MF: McKennie, Adams, Acosta, Musah, Aaronson, Lletget
F: Pulisic, Reyna, Sargent, Sibatcheu, Zardes, Hoppe

There's my guess at the 23. Replace Musah with Konrad if the injury lingers.

Back