• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

So Tanner Tessman went to Venezia for around $3M, Busio to Venezia for $10M and Sam Vines to Antwerp for $2M? Not sure I rate Tessmann but good for him.

Sounds like Tajon Buchanan is off to either Bruges or a Bundesliga side as well.

I've moved Brenden Aaronson into my "must start" list. Idk what the formation is, but he has to be on the field.

FWIW, here is my 100% must start list (if healthy):

Pulisic
Reyna
Aaronson
Adams
McKennie
Dest
Brooks

---------------Sargent---------------
---Pulisic----Reyna----Aaronson---
-------Adams-------McKennie-------
Robinson--Brooks--Robinson--Dest

Maybe try that for starters? Could be convinced to move Puli to the 10, Reyna right, Aaronson left as well.

Maybe try that for starters? Could be convinced to move Puli to the 10, Reyna right, Aaronson left as well.

Right. If Aaronson becomes a must start, it's either at the expense of Reyna or Berthalter changes formation to a 4-2-3-1. I don't think it's likely that Berhalter deviates from his 4-3-3 so it's more likely to me that Aaronson is coming off the bench for Reyna, and either Acosta or Musah is the 3rd midfielder with Adams and McKennie.

Given the tight schedule for qualifiers, and the inevitability of injuries, all of these guys are going to play plenty.

Reyna's a beast. I think this year will be a special one.

Konrad with an assist and start for Marseille this weekend.

Brenden Aaronson's little bro makes his first MLS start at 17 and scores a banger.

Really excited about US soccer right now...rising like the phoenix

Yeah Paxton Aaronson looked legit last night against the Revs. He needs to get some consistent playing time, which looks likely with Champions League matches happening as well.

I am now all in on Reyna at the 10 and Aaronson wide

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (US 1-0 Mexico; USA C team wins Gold Cup)

Been seeing some Reyna as a young KDB comps on Twitter and my god does that make me excited

Also Konrad started for Marseille in their first league match yesterday and was dangerous on the LW. Had the most dribbles, created the most chances, and had an assist which led to a tap-in.

I think we have to move Reyna to the advanced 8/10 position, there’s too much good young talent in the half spaces. Pulisic, Weah, Aaronson and Konrad will all be playing there regularly at a high level this season.

Wild and exciting times. If you want USMNT PT moving forward you’ll have to be playing in a Top 5 league or a competitive CL club. We’re about six months away from that being the standard moving forward.

Last edited:
Joe Scally got the start for Gladbach today and evidently looked the part. Almost had a goal and should have had two assists. Per one writer, he and Konrad are going to make things exceedingly difficult for Gregg Berhalter

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (US 1-0 Mexico; USA C team wins Gold Cup)

Joe Scally got the start for Gladbach today and evidently looked the part. Almost had a goal and should have had two assists. Per one writer, he and Konrad are going to make things exceedingly difficult for Gregg Berhalter

As a left back too. He’s a natural RB. 18 year old they signed from the NYCFC academy like a year before he could move for a $2-3M fee, so NYCFC never played him. He went over in January and broke in immediately with their second team.

If Joe Scally starts getting rotational minutes for Gladbach and can play left and right back, I think you have to call him up. Especially if we’re calling in 30 players for these three match windows. You can only name 23 per match squad, but apparently can call up as many players as you want and rotate them.

Back