• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

According to Wikipedia, #4 in April 2006.

two months later, the US was drawn with #2 Czech Republic, #13 Italy, and #48 Ghana in the 2006 World Cup, and managed one (shorthanded) draw against eventual champ Italy

US and Czech Republic were the only 2 of the top 10 in FIFA rankings not to make it out of the group stage

there are parallels between the USMNT and WFMBB

two months later, the US was drawn with #2 Czech Republic, #13 Italy, and #48 Ghana in the 2006 World Cup, and managed one (shorthanded) draw against eventual champ Italy

US and Czech Republic were the only 2 of the top 10 in FIFA rankings not to make it out of the group stage

there are parallels between the USMNT and WFMBB

I thought that was the high water mark. My son and I went to the WC in 2006 and saw the US lose to Ghana, but we had great seats. Also saw the crazy Netherlands v Portugal match in Nuremburg with the 4 red cards and 16 yellow cards. Saw England lose to Ecuador? on PKs. Great trip. My son was 15 at the time.

So Tanner Tessman went to Venezia for around $3M, Busio to Venezia for $10M and Sam Vines to Antwerp for $2M? Not sure I rate Tessmann but good for him.

Sounds like Tajon Buchanan is off to either Bruges or a Bundesliga side as well.

Outside of the bankruptcies, the corruption, and the cost of living, Venezia would be a top club to play for all things considered. The jerseys alone make it worth it.

Joe Scally got the start for Gladbach today and evidently looked the part. Almost had a goal and should have had two assists. Per one writer, he and Konrad are going to make things exceedingly difficult for Gregg Berhalter

starting today against Bayern

18 years old to boot

had never even heard of him til his name was posted on this thread

I saw him come on as a sub for NY one time. Had no idea he was due to start this year. Our outside back situation is stacked with competition at the moment.

Scally current winning 8/10 duals against Bayern Fucking Munich in the 67th minute

He’s a grown ass men

Aaronson came on at half in Salzburg's UCL qualifier and contributed to both goals. First Salzburg goal was off a rebound from an Aaronson shot. Second was this cool finish by Brenden just before stoppage time.

Zardes went down with a hamstring injury tonight for Columbus. Dike has been out since the Gold Cup. Pulisic apparently left Chelsea’s training facility early this morning and wasn’t available, I’ve seen rumors of transfer, COVID, or injury.

We’re 14 days out from our first WCQ

I

Zardes went down with a hamstring injury tonight for Columbus. Dike has been out since the Gold Cup. Pulisic apparently left Chelsea’s training facility early this morning and wasn’t available, I’ve seen rumors of transfer, COVID, or injury.

We’re 14 days out from our first WCQ

I

Arriola left his match with a hamstring injury as well.

good (hope he recovers to 110% the day after the roster is announced)

:couch:

sounds like Pulisic is fine, took a hard tackle in training the other day and they sat him out for precautionary reasons

sounds like Pulisic is fine, took a hard tackle in training the other day and they sat him out for precautionary reasons

Hope this is true. I saw WVUsoccerDad tweet out that message but wasn't gonna get my hopes up coming from that source lol

Hope this is true. I saw WVUsoccerDad tweet out that message but wasn't gonna get my hopes up coming from that source lol

Pulisic has COVID. I’m assuming he’s out for the September WCQs? Damn it

Awesome interview with Joe Scally. If you have ESPN+, Futbol Americas with Herc and Seb is a must watch on Mondays and Thursdays at 6:00pm (or on demand any time after that)

Back