• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I'm at a family dinner and kind of forced this game onto the TV even though I was the only one interested in it and now I feel like an idiot.

Like, he has to discuss what my substitutions generally meant. It made no sense. I’m seeing too many tweets that this is an okay result all things considered in qualifying. I don’t understand that. The goal is to see a young team improve through good coaching and gelling. I don’t think we are seeing that.

Like, he has to discuss what my substitutions generally meant. It made no sense. I’m seeing too many tweets that this is an okay result all things considered in qualifying. I don’t understand that. The goal is to see a young team improve through good coaching and gelling. I don’t think we are seeing that.

I dunno how losing 2-0 to Canada is an “OK result” if you are in any way pretending that your country had some kind of soccer program.

At this point, losing to any CONCACAF team is not ok. I don't get how anyone is ok with this loss.

GGG is a fucking hack. No way around it at this point.

For those unaware, Canada were without their two most important players tonight. Embarrassing performance.

Hamilton, ON is a shit hole

The US seems too scared of turning the ball over in the opponent half. Not nearly aggressive enough when they receive the ball which allows teams time to build their stacks and bunker in. No one willing to go one vs one on the wings tonight either. Vitoria was lucky not to be sent off but other than that Canada could just sit deep and counter without any real threat until the US got a little bit of urgency late. The offense is just a mess.

Funny to watch Berhalter try to run a Pep system with no real striker when:

A) Gregg is no Pep
B) we have some pretty solid strikers!

I didn't really get to watch yesterday, but to hear Gregg say we were "dominant" losing 2-0 is pretty shocking.

The xG was 1.06-.86 in favor of Canada. You can’t have a sub-1 goal expectation and call it dominant in any case but when the other team is expected to score more than you, you’ve clearly read the game wrong. Possession doesn’t equal dominance.

it would be very unfortunate to head into the final matchday at Costa Rica needing a result, but it appears we are careening towards this situation

why we are wasting one of, if not the most, talented rosters the US has ever produced under this clown of a manager is beyond me. get a proper manager into the post and try to make some noise this November. talent alone will qualify us for the World Cup but Berhalter will be destroyed by managers that actually know what they are doing with squads that have comparable levels of talent to our own

it would be very unfortunate to head into the final matchday at Costa Rica needing a result, but it appears we are careening towards this situation

Not defending GGG or the USMNT but this isn’t true.

If we beat Honduras and Panama at home, then we qualify if Panama drop any points vs. Mexico (away), Canada, or Honduras. That’s even assuming we get 0 points @Mexico and @Costa Rica

If we lose or drop points at home then yeah, different story. But right now the odds have us at 98% to qualify

Not defending GGG or the USMNT but this isn’t true.

If we beat Honduras and Panama at home, then we qualify if Panama drop any points vs. Mexico (away), Canada, or Honduras. That’s even assuming we get 0 points @Mexico and @Costa Rica

If we lose or drop points at home then yeah, different story. But right now the odds have us at 98% to qualify

at this point I think it is fair not to presume a victory against Panama

Back