• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

WCQ roster for matches against El Salvador, Canada, and Honduras confirmed for tomorrow, August 26th.

By far the biggest dual nat out there right now, kid is a baller. Hope he chooses us...

US Soccer twitter had been wild today. At first it the speculation was that he was going to pick Mexico, but now there is that report from a El Tri reporter with TUDN who says he's decided to go with the USA.

Either way we'll find out tomorrow when the WCQ roster drops at 11 AM.

My boy Matt Turner is clearly in his ear at the All Stars game telling him where to be.
1233552267.jpg

Oh now an ESPN Mexico reporter has published an article that he picking El Tri

FULL ON DUAL NATIONAL PANIC THE NIGHT BEFORE A ROSTER DROP THIS IS THE CONCACAF I LIVE FOR

Ehhh, no clue which team he'll choose, but pretty confident he can't be called up by Mexico this go around. Still needs to file a switch. Given they don't mention that and say he's a surprise pick, I call shenanigans.

US youth prospect oracle David Kerr calls bullshit on this ESPN Mexico article, and if anybody knows how the switch process works, its him. The guy has four deep rosters for our U12s.

Brenden Aaronson. 129 Champions League minutes - 2 goals. And qualified for the group stage.

FULL ON DUAL NATIONAL PANIC THE NIGHT BEFORE A ROSTER DROP THIS IS THE CONCACAF I LIVE FOR

I love it, but man do I hate it. Pepi would be the one dual Mexican nat of this generation to flip that would really hurt. No other young US striker has his instincts in the box and pure finishing ability.

I don’t think he will feature for Mexico this window, but a call up and filing to switch is the same thing as seeing the field when it’s all said and done.

Mediotiempo says it’s USA, lol

Stu Holden just said during the MLS all star game that Pepi is on the USMNT roster.

Pardon my boner

US Soccer twitter had been wild today. At first it the speculation was that he was going to pick Mexico, but now there is that report from a El Tri reporter with TUDN who says he's decided to go with the USA.

Either way we'll find out tomorrow when the WCQ roster drops at 11 AM.

11:30, not 11a. Just so you're not hitting refresh for 30 min.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 7/0), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 23/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 7/0)

DEFENDERS (10): George Bello (Atlanta United; 3/0), John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 43/3), Sergiño Dest (Barcelona/ESP; 11/1), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 6/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 45/1), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 12/0), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 9/3), James Sands (New York City FC; 6/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray/TUR; 64/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 17/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 37/2), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 14/1), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 29/7), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 24/7), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 25/0)

FORWARDS (8): Brenden Aaronson (RB Salzburg/AUT; 7/3), Konrad de la Fuente (Olympique Marseille/FRA; 1/0), Jordan Pefok (BSC Young Boys/SUI; 6/1), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 38/16), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 8/4), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 16/5), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 13/1)

Only complaints are at the bottom of the roster. Ream and Sands are blah. Wanted to see Hoppe on there, must have been left out to finalize a transfer?

All in all, GGG got it right. Looks like the 3-5-2 is here to stay

Back