• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

5 midfielders seems a bit light but I guess we're likely only starting 2 a match from that group. Yedlin is the main surprise for me but I'm not sure there's another obvious choice.

He also hit a decent pen to win the All Star game last night

g'wan Pepi!

18 huh? Giggity.

Glenn-Quagmire-Family-Guy.jpg

Only complaints are at the bottom of the roster. Ream and Sands are blah. Wanted to see Hoppe on there, must have been left out to finalize a transfer?

All in all, GGG got it right. Looks like the 3-5-2 is here to stay

The roster does suggest a 3 man back line. I prefer the 4-3-3 and hopefully that's what Berhalter will use. There will be obviously be rotation given the 3 quick games but here's the lineup I want to see most:

----------------Turner--------------------
Dest -- Robinson -- Brooks -- Robinson
-----Adams -- Acosta -- McKennie-----
-----Reyna ----- Sargent --- Pulisic----

What are the rules for cap tieing a player? Someone was saying it's no longer 1 game in FIFA sponsored competition, but 3 games including friendlies.

What are the rules for cap tieing a player? Someone was saying it's no longer 1 game in FIFA sponsored competition, but 3 games including friendlies.

Depends on the players age and if they were able to represent multiple countries at the time of the cap.

From my understanding, a player can now switch if:
-they were eligible for both countries at the time of the cap
-the have appeared in 3 or less matches that do not include the World Cup or a Confederation final, before the age of 21
-they have not appeared for the country in 3 years or more

So in Pepi's scenario for example, he could play in all 3 WCQs, not feature for the US for the next 3 years, then switch to Mexico.

Weah has a thigh injury and is out for the upcoming WCQ.

Wouldn’t mind bringing in Jesus Ferreira as a half space merchant replacement. He and Pepi are ripping up Austin on FS1 right now.

Our fringe call-ups should be based on form

Wouldn’t mind bringing in Jesus Ferreira as a half space merchant replacement. He and Pepi are ripping up Austin on FS1 right now.

Our fringe call-ups should be based on form

I’d prefer Hoppe but that’s a good shout

I’d prefer Hoppe but that’s a good shout

I think it’s best to let Hoppe stay and get up to speed at Schalke. He’s only played 10 mins since the GC, and apparently is just coming back from being out sick.

Ferreira can be in Nashville in a few hours, has plenty of experience with the US set up, and would be a good option to have for 10-15 at the end of games.

Last edited:
Sounds like Hoppe might be headed to Mallorca. Seems possible with Stu Holden's connection and an American owner. Haven't heard them linked to an American before.

Hoppe ends up at Mallorca as rumored. Would be great if he can get some minutes

Back