• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

This is the reason nobody in America except the soccer noobs cares about the USMNT. Can't wait for all the apologists reminding us how tough it is to play on the road in Concacaf, and what if we'd had Pulisic, Reyna and McKennie. I hope somebody will be brave enough to tell us how hard it is to win when you are garbage.

It's funny to me that US Soccer is obsessed with building these fancy new soccer-only stadiums for a maximum home field advantage, but our guys show up to these run-down stadiums with a track around the field and shit the bed.

This is the reason nobody in America except the soccer noobs cares about the USMNT. Can't wait for all the apologists reminding us how tough it is to play on the road in Concacaf, and what if we'd had Pulisic, Reyna and McKennie. I hope somebody will be brave enough to tell us how hard it is to win when you are garbage.

Lol. Soccer noobs?

ad75693546e92c9d5908a9dd1ff5e723.jpg

Gregg Berhalter, set piece master

This alone should be a fireable offense

How did no one mention that Panamas goal was actually an own goal thanks to none other than Zardes. That guy is good for MLS but has no business being on field for USMNT. Much better talent than him to be playing.

I think this passing chart pretty much sums things up.

That said, results continue to go our way in other matches and we're still in a good spot, though a point last night (and Panama dropping 2) would have been very helpful.

vs. a 3 points at home and 1 point on the road standard:

Mexico 0
US -1
Canada -2
Panama -3
Ticos -5
Honduras -6
Jamaica -7
El Salvador -8

Canada have played their two most difficult matches, so they've got to feel pretty good where they are.
Panama have played Mexico & US @ home.
Ticos have only played Mexico @ home.
Honduras have played US @ home and @ Mex.
Jamaica have played 3 away matches and each of the US/Mex once, but missed a big chance at home vs. Canada.
El Salvador has played 3 home matches already. They're basically out.

Hopefully with McKennie and the other Robinson back Berhalter will have to go with the obvious choices with Aaronson, pepi, M Robinson, Adams, Dest, Mckenzie or Richards, Weah and one other to start since we will still be missing pulisic and reyna. I might scream if he throws the same starters out that were abysmal against Panama. Fortunately Campbell and Ortiz are out for Costa Rica who are good players.

Lot's of talk about Steffen getting the start over Turner? I don't get it. Turner has saved literally every shot possible in WCQ. All 3 conceded he had no chance of stopping. I don't understand a change at keeper at all.

Lot's of talk about Steffen getting the start over Turner? I don't get it. Turner has saved literally every shot possible in WCQ. All 3 conceded he had no chance of stopping. I don't understand a change at keeper at all.

Only thing I can think of is that Turner's distribution has not been great. But yeah, he's been a good enough shot stopper that it probably doesn't merit a change.

Only thing I can think of is that Turner's distribution has not been great. But yeah, he's been a good enough shot stopper that it probably doesn't merit a change.

Is lack of distribution really costing us anything in these matches? I say no way

Is lack of distribution really costing us anything in these matches? I say no way

Well it's much more fun to fix the problems that don't exist/aren't important than to address the fact that we somehow have significantly more talent than our opponents (disregarding Mexico) and we still aren't creating as many chances on goal.

Steffen starting over Turner.

I hate that tbh. Turner has been a world class shot stopper. I don't see how you pull him for this match.

Predicted XI:

Steffen

Dest - M. Robinson - Zimmerman - A. Robinson

Musah - Adams - McKennie

Weah - Pepi - Aaronson

Back