• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Pepi is a taller, American version of Chicharito. He just knows how to move off the ball in the box.

2-0 (Pepi x2)

Yes! Here comes Zardes to score a goal off his face or some shit. I can feel it in my bones.

I am shocked that Zardes is still in the national pool, much less on a WCQ roster, even more less actually still getting caps.

He's shit.

Ummmm that's technically a "pass back" by Jamaica off the line to their GK a foot from the line. In control of the ball and knew what he was doing playing it towards the GK.

I would have laughed really hard if the ref awarded at as an indirect kick on the 6.

do you think at any moment in your lifetime that the best male player in the world will be an American?

do you think at any moment in your lifetime that the best male player in the world will be an American?

I mean, as in 100% sure? Of course not, but it isn't impossible to think could happen, especially given the trajectory of the American player in the last ~20 years since WC2002.

Who would have thought the GOAT would be Portuguese 20 years ago even after Ronaldo was labeled a 'one-trick pony' by certain sections of the English media? Or who could have predicted that a Norwegian would be the most sought after #9 in the world in Haaland?

I would argue that the US has as good a chance as any to produce the best player on the planet to be playing in 20 or 30 years. Absolutely that isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

You know what pisses me off? When non soccer fans make statements like "just imagine if our best athletes played soccer!" immediately after watching the Rangers defeat the Maple Leafs in OT.

Lewandowski 2.0

Guys, it’s happening
Didn't see any evidence of him creating something from nothing for himself, but sure, I'll buy!

Lewa is Ruud 2.0.
So Pepi would be Ruud 3.0.

And Ruud is Mueller 2.0 really, so add a number to Lewa and Pepi. Haha

Look likely at this point to be US Mexico and Canada going through. Canada getting 2 points on the road at the US and Mexico is a huge advantage for them

After last night - Against a 3 points at home, 1 on the road standard:

Mexico 0
US 0
Canada -2
Panama -3
Jamaica -5
Ticos -5
Honduras -5
El Salvador -7

Canada have played their two most difficult matches, so they've got to feel pretty good where they are.
Panama have only played Mexico @ home.
Jamaica have played 3 away matches and each of the US/Mex once, so not as awful as it seems.
Ticos have only played Mexico @ home.
Honduras has only played US @ home.
El Salvador has played 3 home matches already. They're basically out.

Look likely at this point to be US Mexico and Canada going through. Canada getting 2 points on the road at the US and Mexico is a huge advantage for them

Yeah, they're in prime position for 3rd or 4th, which they'll be thrilled with. But don't forget they also dropped points at home vs. Honduras

Back