• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Only snub is Scally. Would have him over Bello or Moore.

Bring Zardes over Pefok and Hoppe over Sargent I understand, since neither performed very well last window.

Feels like this team is set up to high press non stop, which I pray we finally start doing.

Spot on

All the arguments for rewarding Sargent for his running, excusing his lack of efficiency to inexperience, and who else would you pick over him have no merit right now. He's lost his chance for the moment. The only difference between him and other newbies at the moment is he has more caps. Certainly some players deflate after losing a spot on the side, but if he's ever gonna be anything but a "what if" he needs to prove it at the club level and EARN a spot sometime later. Very glad to see Hoppe, Weah, Musuh and Busio back in the team.

John Brooks apparently has a back issue that will keep him out of this qualifying round.

Brooks ruled out for all 3 upcoming WCQs with a muscle injury in his back

Julian Araujo has had his federation switch approved by FIFA, he will now represent Mexico moving forward

Jonathan Gomez has also reported to Mexico's ongoing U20 camp

Any predictions on the XI for tmw? With Antonio in great form and a real threat, we need a stout back line ready. Does Steffen take back his place or has Turner earned the spot based on recent performances?

Edit: Just seeing the reports that Antonio had withdrawn from the October fixtures.

Last edited:
Any predictions on the XI for tmw? With Antonio in great form and a real threat, we need a stout back line ready. Does Steffen take back his place or has Turner earned the spot based on recent performances?

Edit: Just seeing the reports that Antonio had withdrawn from the October fixtures.

This to me is our strongest 11 of those in camp. Musah could slot in for Acosta but I view Acosta as more reliable at this point.

--------------------Turner-------------------
Dest -- Robinson -- McKenzie -- Robinson
------McKennie -- Adams -- Acosta--------
-----Aaronson --- Pepi ---Weah-------

I would bet we see Zimmerman. I just can't see Berhalter not going with a more experienced back line, whether right or wrong.

This to me is our strongest 11 of those in camp. Musah could slot in for Acosta but I view Acosta as more reliable at this point.

Lletget for Acosta and you’ve got it

Jamaica missing a lot of their European players even though they are available, seems like the team vibes aren’t in a great place.

I would bet we see Zimmerman. I just can't see Berhalter not going with a more experienced back line, whether right or wrong.

I don't hate the idea of Zimmerman in CONCACAF matches. Haven't seen enough of Chris Richards to know how he'd fare in a qualifier but he seems to be playing great in Bundesliga.

I'd like to see Weah, Richards and Musah all get the start tonight making their WCQ debuts at home.

As important as Tyler Adams is I don't know that its best to plan to play him 270 minutes again especially since he is sitting on a yellow (as are Weston McKennie and DeAndre Yedlin).

Three things I DON'T want to see tonight - Anything but a 4-3-3, Dest at left back (probably zero chance it happens since Antonee Robinson can't go to Panama), or Tyler Adams anywhere on the field but the 6.

McKennie to start - Berhalter wouldn't commit to either keeper though.

Turner; Robinson, Zimmerman, Robinson, Dest; Adams, McKennie, Musah; Arriola, Pepi, Aaronson.

Back