• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Wait, there is an MLS thread?
Yep, you can even look it up.

Had a blast. Thanks, Seattle, for the super-Seattley weather.
a88cf1c2eab8cb4e014303809e7e3d90.jpg

GOALKEEPERS (3): Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 9/0), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 24/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 12/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Reggie Cannon (Boavista/POR; 22/1), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 8/0), Chris Richards (Hoffenheim/GER; 4/0), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 17/1), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 14/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 0/0), Sam Vines (Royal Antwerp/BEL; 8/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray/TUR; 69/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 20/2)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 42/2), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 20/1), Gianluca Busio (Venezia/ITA; 7/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 33/8), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 27/7), Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 9/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 29/0)

FORWARDS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Red Bull Salzburg/AUT; 13/5), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 41/8), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 2/2), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 4/3), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 40/16), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 16/1)

If you fired Roldan and Arriola into the sun and called up Konrad and Pefok in their stead, it would be pretty close to the ideal roster I could think of given the current injury situation.

was reading that Pefok has been in poor form lately

I'd take Dike over Arriola right now

There is one true #9 on the roster

WTF Gregg

Ferreira plays as 10/8 for Dallas behind Pepi

Yeah pretty surprised that Dike isn't on this roster with his current form

My XI vs. Mexico

-Pulisic--------Pepi--------Aaronson-
---McKennie----Adams----Musah---
Jedi--Robinson--Zimmerman--Scally
----------------Turner----------------

GGG XI vs. Mexico

-Aaronson--------Pepi--------Arriola-
----McKennie----Adams----Busio----
Jedi--Robinson--Zimmerman--Yedlin
----------------Steffen----------------

I wouldn't start Pulisic (although wish we could) based on his recent return

also can't tell who I would pick in goal

I wouldn't start Pulisic (although wish we could) based on his recent return

also can't tell who I would pick in goal

It's hard to believe that Pulisic is match fit to start this game. I suspect we'll see him for the final 25 minutes. I don't love Arriola but he will do the defensive work which matters against Mexico.

I'd start Turner and I don't see that as a close call.

Has anyone here actually watched Scally play for an extended period? I've seen a couple of highlights and that's it. My instinct is to say that throwing a kid in for his first cap against Mexico in a world cup qualifier is an unnecessary risk and would likely go with Yedlin. But again, I've never seen the kid play so who knows.

Reminder the US U-20s are playing Brazil right now on TUDN. P. Aaronson, Cade Cowell, Caden Clark, Sealy, Che, etc. At least until Hoops tips off.

Back