• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I personally don't rate Pefok at all but that's just me. He seems like a very poor mans Chicharito. Not sure he has the ability to create a goal on his own.

Pepi
Sargent
Dike

I'd take those three to Qatar and then probably one more

Also, I hope Hoppe can find form again. This team is fucking begging for a Dempsey-like personality on the field.

I personally don't rate Pefok at all but that's just me. He seems like a very poor mans Chicharito. Not sure he has the ability to create a goal on his own.

Pepi
Sargent
Dike

I'd take those three to Qatar and then probably one more

I know it's all personal preference, especially at striker, but Pefok scores goals for his club and pretty much no one else does. I think if he was given an actual run in the team he could produce.

Also personal preference: fire Sargent into the sun.

Josh Sargent has 17 goals in Europe by the age of 21 while playing for two of the worst possession teams in their respective leagues. He's doing just fine. Clint Dempsey had 17 goals for Furman at this point in his career.

didn't realize Sargent was still only 21 but his technique is very subpar. and much lower than Dempsey's was. Dude struggles to trap the ball.

yeah, he sucks

258884370_5019928818071963_248666952476034994_n.png

Lol, so the guy who has been playing for the worst Premier League side and a relegated Bundesliga side is very highly rated in defensive production and not highly rated in attacking production? Whoa, mind blown.

Lol, so the guy who has been playing for the worst Premier League side and a relegated Bundesliga side is very highly rated in defensive production and not highly rated in attacking production? Whoa, mind blown.

there is a reason he plays for shit clubs and not even middle-tier clubs

Honestly he could probably help us solve the defensive midfield depth situation

He will have time to improve for next cycle but hasn’t earned his spot this cycle for USA imo

He will have time to improve for next cycle but hasn’t earned his spot this cycle for USA imo

I just don't understand why anybody would rate a footballer that can't play football (not saying you are rating him, Townie). Sargent runs a lot but he is crap with the ball at his feet. I don't think that technique is going to come to him all the sudden when he turns 23 or 24 years old.

His raw numbers are fine for his age, but the eye test and advanced numbers don’t look good at all. I wouldn’t want him on my (relegation level) side right now.

there is a reason he plays for shit clubs and not even middle-tier clubs

I'm with Husky on this one. I like Sargent, at least in comparison to some of the other options we have up front. He's far more skilled than Zardes, and unlike Gyasi, is someone who I do think can still improve.

Scoring 7 goals for Werder last year was all things considered, a decent output. He's not headed to a champion's league team anytime soon but he's a decent option for the US imo.

Zardes is even worse. Technique of a toddler.

no, I take that back. I think my 3.5 year old daughter has more tekkers than Zardes.

Back