• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

I can't look at Lalas' face.

Does anyone else just want to punch the shit out of his condescending ass face?

I don't think Pulisic is the key to this team.

He has not played like the American savior that everyone treats him as.

England is going to totally lay down for Wales and win like 1-0 aren't they?

Where was Gio? Has to be injured not to come on instead of Morris...or Greggggg has lost the plot.

i have nothing against morris personally despite his domination of the deacs and i applaud his comeback story but he was a white flag personified as that sub

reyna must be in rough shape, which is quite concerning

Concerned about how poorly we reacted when Wales started pressing. We had no idea how to play through it or over it, despite the fact that Wales is not particularly good at pressing.

the problem is the Wales' switch in tactics wasn't even genius level stuff. They put a big man on up top and had Bale drop some to help in the midfield where they got dominated in the 1st half

greggy didn't react to that at all, not even after Wales scored. US system never really changed to counter Wales' tactical switch. Maybe you could argue Aaronson for McKennie and having the sub attack more with progressive carries but Aaronson lost possession a LOT driving forward with the ball. I counted at least 5 times which isn't easy to do in half an hour

Wales clogged the middle so why didn't we look to exploit the weaknesses they caused for themselves on the flanks? I don't understand why we kept doing the same shit over and over without even a hint of it working.

A casual soccer fan here but Tyler Adams and Jedi Robinson appeared to clearly be the best players for the US - very smart play, great speed and unlimited energy. Also, Tim Ream looked really solid as well, especially for a guy who seems to catch a lot of grief. Tim Weah was the most dangerous up front. Pulisic shined for about 25 minutes (second half of first half) but his crosses / corners were poor and he gets run off the ball regularly. Thought Yedlin was very shaky when he came in - definitely a step down from Dest (although he did need to be sub'ed as he faded in the second half). Aaronson and Wright had a few flashes but none of the subs were really impactful when US needed a boost.

the problem is the Wales' switch in tactics wasn't even genius level stuff. They put a big man on up top and had Bale drop some to help in the midfield where they got dominated in the 1st half

greggy didn't react to that at all, not even after Wales scored. US system never really changed to counter Wales' tactical switch. Maybe you could argue Aaronson for McKennie and having the sub attack more with progressive carries but Aaronson lost possession a LOT driving forward with the ball. I counted at least 5 times which isn't easy to do in half an hour
This is definitely the most concerning thing from today. I am worried Gregg is too arrogant to accept that we cannot play with England and set us up to potentially smash and grab. We have the advantage of going into the Iran game knowing exactly what we need to go through, the only way we don't have much of a chance is if we get pumped by England. Go for a turgid 1-0 and live to fight against Iran, IMO. But I have zero faith in Gregg doing what makes sense out of some sort of feeling that we have to dominate games to be respected.

Back