• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake-Ariz. State Thread

Two questions:

1. How long until Coach starts talking about Colorado?

2. Next year, with six recruits/freshman - will we have to listen to the youth excuse again? (I seem to recall that he promised that he would never use youth as an excuse last year and then proceeded to reference our youth in every presser).

We have generally played better than I expected every game this year except tonight. Tonight we were terrible.

We aren't going to play as bad as we did tonight every night this year.

I simply cannot WAIT till [Redacted] addresses the media. I guarantee he blames the players and takes no responsibility himself. I HOPE I'M RIGHT!

He'll probably just say ASU played really well, shot lights out, we have to get better on both ends of the floor and we came out flat after last night's close game.

Harvard will come close to an at-large bid at the end of the year and will probably finish something like 26-4.

BC is fucking awful.

Was hoping not to get called out on the Harvard thing. Yeah they made a very strong case for at-large last year and are looking promising with Amaker. Still... Harvard, and to an old school fan, the worst ACC team should be able to beat the best from the Ivy. Those days are certainly gone.

If we aren't at least 6-10 next year, Bzzzzz's seat is going to be quite hot.

We have generally played better than I expected every game this year except tonight. Tonight we were terrible.

We aren't going to play as bad as we did tonight every night this year.

JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

With our lack of depth and young, playing the night after an intense game probably isnt' going to be good for us. I think tonight was more of a subpar team having a particularly bad game than us being historically bad like we were last season.

He'll probably just say ASU played really well, shot lights out, we have to get better on both ends of the floor and we came out flat after last night's close game.

I actually hope (and prefer) he is that bland. We shall see if he chooses to go that route or another very soon.

Was hoping not to get called out on the Harvard thing. Yeah they made a very strong case for at-large last year and are looking promising with Amaker. Still... Harvard, and to an old school fan, the worst ACC team should be able to beat the best from the Ivy. Those days are certainly gone.

I agree that's the perception, but it doesn't change the fact that if Harvard wins tomorrow in the Bahamas they're probably going to be ranked on Monday.

Wake will not be swept by BC this year, I'd bet on that.

I'm trying to make light of the situation.

BC is probably worse than we are, but I have zero faith in us on the road. I also have zero faith that we'll be anywhere close to competitive when ACC play rolls around and doesn't stop for three months. It's going to be a night in, night out ass raping...

Well we've beaten Texas Tech in a consolation game in the midst of a horrible year before. Hopefully we'll do it again

Bz's comments after the game were non-descript. Couldn't make threes, didn't make the shots we had at the rim, can't let our poor shooting affect our effort on the defensive end, didn't get back on D... the usual coaching laments after a blowout loss.

Wow... Went out to see Hugo with wife, kid and in-laws.

Looks like I made the right choice.

Back