• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-BC Game Thread (THE RIVALRY)

I saw it, friend. Nobody on ignore now. :)

Have a nice day.

(And I still think that Clawson is going to be another Billy Hildebrand. Personally, I don't think he will ever win more than 6 games in one year at WF against FBS opponents....and will win as many as 6 games against FBS opponents only rarely. I've seen this show for many, many years. I guess it will take a while to get through some posters' heads, but eventually they will come to appreciate the unprecedented enormity of what Jim Grobe did when he won 28 games in 3 years and went to three straight bowls games...including the Orange Bowl...and was named National COY in 2006. Your grandchildren won't live to see it happen again.)

When are you going to get it through your metamucil-addled brain that everyone here appreciates how great those 3 years were, but had a justifiable right to want a change over half a decade later when Grobe's performance didn't match what we were paying him?

How do you feel about the fact that you can count on one hand the number of in-home recruiting visits Jim Grobe made in his last 5 years? The same goes for Steed Lobotzke. Grobe quit on us long before we quit on him.

I will forever be grateful for the tremendous, and likely unrepeatable, success we had under him. That doesn't mean I won't root like hell for his successor to do the same or even top him. And it doesn't mean I won't cheer my ass off when Jim Grobe shows up to open the gates at a future football game, or when he gets inducted into our sports Hall of Fame.

A lot of the students were scattered through the visitors side sections because of family weekend. I sat two sections from the visitors section and was surrounded by WF students and their parents.

To this attendee it appeared that there were more BC fans in the stadium than WF students.

No shit sherlock, why would the students want to waste time watching our football team? We got rid of the best coach we've ever had or ever hope to have and hired some Johnny come lately that won't have as many wins at Wake as Jim Grobe if he coaches until he's 90. Wake Forest will never and I mean NEVER have another 3 year stretch like we did from 2006-2008, I don't know why you dim-wits don't get that through you're thick heads.

Remember, don't forget to vote down capitalism next week and have I mentioned I can't pee with other people in the room.

No shit sherlock, why would the students want to waste time watching our football team? We got rid of the best coach we've ever had or ever hope to have and hired some Johnny come lately that won't have as many wins at Wake as Jim Grobe if he coaches until he's 90. Wake Forest will never and I mean NEVER have another 3 year stretch like we did from 2006-2008, I don't know why you dim-wits don't get that through you're thick heads.

Remember, don't forget to vote down capitalism next week and have I mentioned I can't pee with other people in the room.

Lobo, is that you?!

at the game yesterday the scoreboard was telling people to get loud (and played a sound of the motorcycle revving up) when we were going for it on 4th down. Wolford was asking for the crowd to quiet down. just dumb on the scoreboard operator's part.

Yep. I just so happened to be looking at Clawson the same time of this latest embarrassment. Clawson turned to one of his assistants with his arms out as if to say "what the fuck are they doing?". Clown shoes. Lots of clown shoes.

Deacons Illustrated ‏@WakeRivals 1m1 minute ago
Quarterback Tyler Cameron is no longer on the football team, according to coach Dave Clawson.

Back