• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-BC Game Thread (THE RIVALRY)

there's really no hope for bkf listening to anyone else or conceding any good points so i'm just gonna put him on ignore

as a result, he will cease to exist!

Does anyone know whether recruiting matters in succeeding as a head football coach? Also is there any way to evaluate how various coaches have recruited? Thanks, sorry the internet is super confusing to me.

Clawson has taken over a program that Grobe left in serious decline, even though he squeezed 4 wins last year out of a 4 year starter at QB and an NFL quality WR. So Clawson's total record at WFU is not nearly as important to me as his record after year 3/4 and how he leaves the state of the program for the next coach.

Also, bud, out of curiosity, what were your expectations for Jim Grobe when he was hired? He built on the same foundation of futility that you believe prohibits Clawson's success. I assume it was equally impossible for him to win an ACC Championship in today's ACC.

I'd like to hear an answer to this, too.

I'm pretty sure that Wake fans' hopes that the football team is good has absolutely nothing to do with privilege.

Clawson has taken over a program that Grobe left in serious decline, even though he squeezed 4 wins last year out of a 4 year starter at QB and an NFL quality WR. So Clawson's total record at WFU is not nearly as important to me as his record after year 3/4 and how he leaves the state of the program for the next coach.

It really hurt when that NFL receiver dropped a 2-point conversion that hit him right in the gut to start the season and then got hurt. That team may have/really should have squeaked out 6 wins LY.

Lots of feelings of entitlement at WF today. They want to be Harvard when the discussion is about academics, then Alabama when the subject turns to football. They can't have both, no matter what they've been told all their lives.

No one has said this ever. You are tilting at windmills.

Is there seriously anything at all wrong with wanting wake to be better at both academics and athletics? I don't know what the point is otherwise.

Last edited:
I also want Wake to be meat lover's when it comes to pizza and chocolate chip cookie dough when it comes to ice cream and Google fiber when it comes to internet and a great white when it comes to extant apex predators and cookout when it comes to fast food and Outlander when it comes to shows I appreciate my lady watching before I come home (especially the wedding episode am I right)

Not as long as you are unwilling to sacrifice one to obtain the other....and that is exactly what you are doing when you recruit 1 or 2 years & done basketball players.

So Duke has sacrificed it's academic reputation? Sure, ok.

Not as long as you are unwilling to sacrifice one to obtain the other....and that is exactly what you are doing when you recruit 1 or 2 years & done basketball players.
Duke's academic rankings are plummeting with those 1 and dones like Jabari on the team!

But you will come here and rant on game threads about how much you hate Wake and college sports, because either you're a first class liar or you're the most miserable human being on the face of the planet. Gotta be one or the other.

Weird that bobknightfan refuses to support college basketball and Bob Knight is one of the top college basketball commentators.

But you will come here and rant on game threads about how much you hate Wake and college sports, because either you're a first class liar or you're the most miserable human being on the face of the planet. Gotta be one or the other.

So much this. Why waste so much time preaching about something you're "done" with? Go somewhere else and pontificate about something that matters.

at the game yesterday the scoreboard was telling people to get loud (and played a sound of the motorcycle revving up) when we were going for it on 4th down. Wolford was asking for the crowd to quiet down. just dumb on the scoreboard operator's part.

at the game yesterday the scoreboard was telling people to get loud (and played a sound of the motorcycle revving up) when we were going for it on 4th down. Wolford was asking for the crowd to quiet down. just dumb on the scoreboard operator's part.

lolwut. embarrassing.

In Wellman I trust.

Back