• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake-BC Game Thread

It was in 2008. A year when we should've made the ACCCG. Winning that game certainly would've helped

I kind of think it's worse than that. There's a tendency to wildly overcompensate, as seen in all the Lobo offenses. We've run more offenses than I can remember in the past 5 years. At this point, I can't blame the players for not executing (although Grobe can, lolol).

I see what you're saying, but Lobo is one of the obvious problems they're not addressing.

'09 was the Miami game that we basically had won, until we fumbled a punt and Skinner got knocked out. Most disastrous 4th quarter ever.

We've had a few of those. Sadly we aren't even competitive enough to blow games in the fourth quarter anymore

We've had a few of those. Sadly we aren't even competitive enough to blow games in the fourth quarter anymore

Like the time Brandon Pendergrass ran the wrong way in overtime against BC.

God I miss those "close games."

I think I'd rather lose this way. Easier to get over and accept we just suck

I see what you're saying, but Lobo is one of the obvious problems they're not addressing.

I think we're just differing in scope. I see problems within the "Lobo Problem" as things they've tried to fix but failed miserably. You see the "Lobo Problem" as the problem itself, which is right too.

You can basically zoom in or zoom out, but our program looks like a dumpster fire at any setting on google maps.

Clown shoes! Clown shoes! Clown shoes!

Sweet Jesus, just blow it all up.

This is Wake Forest in 1975. I've seen this shit. Buckle in kids. I pray that Camp survives the season and gets a shot at the NFL.

I totally get your reference to the 70s, and the game was a kind of deja vu experience for me as well. But I'm going to nitpick slightly your choice of year. In 1975 we were bad, but the team won three games, beating State, UVA and UNC, all on the road. I'm thinking more like 1977, one of the Furman years.

Furman provided a weird set of symmetrical football bookends for my years at Wake. In 1974 we were 1-10, beating only Furman in the last game. In 1977, we again went 1-10, this time beating only Furman in the first game. This team has a 1977 sort of feel for me. The only good thing about that 1977 season was that it brought about regime change. It's that time again.

It was in 2008. A year when we should've made the ACCCG. Winning that game certainly would've helped

Yes, it was 2008. We went 4-4 in the ACC that year, and scored a grand total of 10 points in the second halves of those 4 losses, with 7 coming off a two-yard drive against BC (after a blocked punt), and the other 3 coming off a 7-yard drive against State (following a turnover). Some of Lobo's finest work.

Should have known it was going to be an awful, awful year...lectro has been eerily absent.

Should have known it was going to be an awful, awful year...lectro has been eerily absent.

Lectro is always absent once it gets teed up- I used to like his optimism but when it morphed into everyone of our players is the next coming of somebody else's all american/all pro it is just got to be too much. The coaching alone has killed that. I would agree our players are most likely better than our results- I am thinking most coaching staffs in D1 would have beat BC with our team last night- but how anybody- including El Lectro- can be happy with our recruiting by a staff that has been in place 13 years and spent a lot of that time anointed popularly as a "great" staff is beyond me- this year we are stealing most of our recruits from the likes of Old Dominion and getting the Wake Forest bump from no stars and/or not on anybody's radar to 2 stars for being signed by an alleged D1 program. Don't look now but we won't have a BC team this bad ever again. All ACC teams including f**king Dook are rolling right by us. I never thought we would be here again but here we are. If Grobe plays out his contract there may not be a way up to competitive decency again. 6-6 just isn't that unattainable in today's college football/ACC unless you just don't care/try.

Careful guys... Lec will show up, tell you how little you know, throw in a bunch of swear words, and offer nothing of substance in the process.

Did we post this? Hilarious.

Chris Givens ‏@CG1three 13h
To work out as much as Josh claims he sure does run out of bounds a lot, even when I was there.

This one's better IMO:

Chris Givens ‏@CG1three 12h
@FayettenamFlyer what’s good boy boy lol
Expand

Alex Frye ‏@FayettenamFlyer 9h
@CG1three keeping it trill my nig, sittin here trying to figure out why we run the option with Price #Soconfused

Did we post this? Hilarious.

Chris Givens ‏@CG1three 13h
To work out as much as Josh claims he sure does run out of bounds a lot, even when I was there.

Yes, very telling about what former players and probably current players think of Josh. But, Givens should shut his mouth - he developed a serious case of alligator arms in the Liberty Bowl.

Back