• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake-BC Game Thread

That was really depressing and discouraging
I wa s really optimistic about this team. I was wrong. Not anymore.
It's only the 2nd game of the season and already I'm bummed out for the season.

The defense gave up 3 TD drives that I don't think even totalled 100 yards. They played alright. Got gashed by Williams in the 2nd half though.

The broadcast was one long BC commercial. Can't say I blame ESPN. A lot of excitement around Addazio. Nothing to report on from the Wake sideline.

Williams is a beast. I think he'll gash plenty of teams this year. Our offense is just laughable. I'd bet a thousand dollars that we completely abandon the option by the midpoint of the season.

We waited nine long months for this? The D, with 2 short field TDs deserved better. Did anybody on offense "play with their hair on fire"?

I just can't remember the last time I was this embarrassed by a wake loss.

Williams is a beast. I think he'll gash plenty of teams this year. Our offense is just laughable. I'd bet a thousand dollars that we completely abandon the option by the midpoint of the season.

I can't wait for this. There was a nice Chase Rettig graphic in the game that said something like, "5th offensive coordinator in 4 years," as if to excuse Rettig's performances. I'm no Tanner Prince apologist anymore, but I had to giggle to myself that Tanner Price has had 1 offensive coordinator and like 7 offenses since he's been here.

Remember the week we ran the I-formation against Miami in 2010(?). Hilarious.

Easy for me: Vanderbilt 2012, and the hits just keep on coming.

Oh this was a good one. My fiancee and I had been dating for over a year at that point, but I hadn't spent a ton of time with her dad. We were at her parents' place for that game, and her dad turns to me and says, "Let's go check out that Vandy-Wake game at a bar. Have some beers. It'll be fun! Seems like two evenly matched teams."

It wasn't fun. We left at half-time, and he was just consoling me with stuff like, "Well, you know these schools can be up and down any year. Let's go have a whiskey."

And before that, sitting in South Bend, and before that the lackluster performance in Raleigh.

This staff has an unnerving tendency to not fix obvious problems from the previous year.

And to create more, unnecessary problems, while they're at it

And before that, sitting in South Bend, and before that the lackluster performance in Raleigh.

This staff has an unnerving tendency to not fix obvious problems from the previous year.

I kind of think it's worse than that. There's a tendency to wildly overcompensate, as seen in all the Lobo offenses. We've run more offenses than I can remember in the past 5 years. At this point, I can't blame the players for not executing (although Grobe can, lolol).

That was fucking terrible. Didn't actually watch most of it, but we would switch to it during commercials during other games. Every time the announcers were spouting LOWF BS. It's one thing when we are playing FSU, but shouldn't have to listen to that garbage against Vanderbilt.

I can't wait for this. There was a nice Chase Rettig graphic in the game that said something like, "5th offensive coordinator in 4 years," as if to excuse Rettig's performances. I'm no Tanner Prince apologist anymore, but I had to giggle to myself that Tanner Price has had 1 offensive coordinator and like 7 offenses since he's been here.

Remember the week we ran the I-formation against Miami in 2010(?). Hilarious.

I think that Miami game was 2009. I went to both and it's the closest game I could think of to what tonight's game compared to.

I honestly think tonight was the worst game I've ever been to. I wonder what the NCAA record is for most rushes at under 2 yards per carry.

Back