• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE - Hoosiers game thread

Had dinner with my dad. His take on the game was that even though IU was a better team than WFU, they were the dirtiest team he has seen in years. And the officiating was terrible. My dad has been watching Wake football for 65 years and he rarely complains about the officiating or makes excuses for Wake losing. So it must have been bad.

Had dinner with my dad. His take on the game was that even though IU was a better team than WFU, they were the dirtiest team he has seen in years. And the officiating was terrible. My dad has been watching Wake football for 65 years and he rarely complains about the officiating or makes excuses for Wake losing. So it must have been bad.

Your Dad was correct on all points.

When a QB has the ball, is upright and on the field of play, he is a target. Football is physical sport. Kids get hit hard. However when a QB is out of bounds or on the ground he is not a fair target. IU hit Hinton repeatedly when he was out of bounds and when he was already down. Once maybe accidental; but when it happens repeatedly it's intentional and its dirty.

The facemask penalty when Hinton got wrenched around looked absolutely awful in person. At the time, I said that since targeting can be unintentional and still cause an ejection, an intentional penalty like the facemask should also be subject to ejection for the offender. Was it as bad on TV as it looked live? Coupling that with the late hits and another time where it seemed he was sort of slammed back into the ground, it really seemed like they were being dirty. I suppose it's just a physical game but still...

The facemask penalty when Hinton got wrenched around looked absolutely awful in person. At the time, I said that since targeting can be unintentional and still cause an ejection, an intentional penalty like the facemask should also be subject to ejection for the offender. Was it as bad on TV as it looked live? Coupling that with the late hits and another time where it seemed he was sort of slammed back into the ground, it really seemed like they were being dirty. I suppose it's just a physical game but still...

Yeah that's the kind of thing you would expect from an undisciined Klempton team I was surprised to see that from an out of conference opponent. Shocking.

His head was wrenched so far around, the announcers originally thought he had been tackled by the back of his shoulder pads.

big bad dirty...indiana?

stop the whining. jesus.

so milhouse and mack, you liked seeing our backup quarterback tackled illegally by the facemask?

I did think Clawson had a legit beef on the lack of flag when Hinton got speared pretty good well after the play. That said, meh. People used to call Skip's teams dirty too. Usually that happens when you get worked physically.

FWLIW, the various personal fouls that were rightly called against IU, were extremely helpful to Wake in sustaining or accelerating drives. As an IU fan, my focus wasn't on whether the hits were dirty, but rather that they were stupid and really harmful to a defense that could ill afford to gives teams free yards and extra downs.

Nope....wasn't intentional. The IU kid's reaction confirmed such.

When I walked in, Trump had the legendary college basketball coach Bobby Knight paying homage to him over speaker­phone. Knight, who had never met Trump, apparently called him out of the blue to offer his support. I was slightly dubious about how ‘‘out of the blue’’ this really was, given how perfectly it was timed to my arrival, but Knight delivered a stirring tribute regardless. ‘‘No one has accomplished more than Mr. Trump has,’’ Knight raved after Trump informed him that a reporter was in the room. Trump nodded and motioned to the ­phone and made sure I had my recorder running. ‘‘What a great honor, man,’’ Trump said. ‘‘I will talk to you soon, and I won’t forget that you called. Thanks, Bobby.’’

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/m...is-not-going-anywhere.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Back