• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE - Hoosiers game thread

Was at the game. Just got home. Great 4th quarter effort. Really great to see Clawson chew the official's ass ( probably not shown on TV ) and be so engaged.

Hinton will only get better.
We desperately need an offensive line that can block!!!!
Our defense needs some significant work but we just lost a 1st round draft pick to the NFL so no huge surprise there.

Btw, Indiana's players reflect their classless coach. That is one dirty fucking team. Honestly, I hope tOSU hangs 100 on that bunch and I'm no OSU fan. Karma's going to be a bitch for that bunch.

Anyhow, good effort late in the game. We just need more and better players and I think we'll have some winning seasons under Clawson.

IU was jumping Hinton's cadence. When he changed it, Intermann jumped. Watch Hinton's foot placement when he releases his throws. Sometimes the back foot isn't planted, other times both feet are off the ground. It's his first start. I love that he kept fighting till the very end. He was much better in the 4th quarter than he was in the 1st. Now if we can get our WRs to catch the damn ball.

Didn't think that last play was a hold. Drove him into the ground

Unfortunately another Wake Forest football classic. Basically lose the game, then make a comeback so people think maybe we might still win, but then lose anyway.

Disagree - best coaching we've had since forever. Offensive scheme finally joining the new millennium in terms of style / packages , etc. D is good - faced a tough task in containing an experienced IU line, QB, and RB.

As someone said earlier, look at progress year 1 to year 2. Guys like Chuck Wade are playing in their 3rd college game. Future bright.

Didn't think that last play was a hold. Drove him into the ground

Taking off my black and gold glasses, it seemed like a pretty clear hold to me. That's probably the most common type of hold that you see called

lol archer with that call said you could call holding every play. thats code for i didnt think it was a hold

For those that watched on TV, was Wade really down on the TD they took off the board? The replays they showed in the stadium didn't look like he was close to being down. Big turn of event as we had to settle for FG after they overturned the call.

Re-watch the first half if you really want to argue this. We routinely ran slow-developing fake handoffs in the middle and he still had time to throw in the pocket. Took multiple shots deep in the first half without getting hit. The 2nd half was a completely different story, not arguing that.

The 3 man sack he ran directly into the only guy who could have gotten him. Don't remember the 4 man sack so who knows. The announcers at one point noted that 4 of the first 5 sacks were either Hinton holding the ball too long or getting caught running behind the line, which sounded correct to me. The rest were 4th quarter when we got desperate (and fatigue had set in). I'm not arguing that our O-line gave him hours to throw all day. But they've been awful before this game (against some really bad teams) and early on he absolutely did have time to make throws. He missed on several key ones and they started blitzing on virtually every play in the 2nd half. By the end of the 3rd quarter the line had 2 false starts because of the blitzers sprinting at the line before the snap. In the 4th as soon as they started dropping into coverage Hinton was able to step into throws down the field again.

You're confusing buying time with having time.

For those that watched on TV, was Wade really down on the TD they took off the board? The replays they showed in the stadium didn't look like he was close to being down. Big turn of event as we had to settle for FG after they overturned the call.

Elbow and forearm were down.

Just returned home from the game. IU is big and plays dirty football. They also had the officiating crew intimidated apparently. There was a huge targeting call in the 2nd quarter which they refused to make. Obviously IU wAS trying to knock Hinton out of the game. Dirty! BTW, he is one tough kid.

We are so amazingly young; but our staff did a remarkable job bringing in playmakers. Hinton, Wade Lewis and Hines have a bright future. IMO, Colburrn is our best RB. Still everything hangs on Oline improvement. Exhausting game.

I don't get the #dirty talk. If you have a running QB you try to hit him. The scariest play was the facemask but once you touch it, you bring the guy down to erase the free play.

I, for one, am so sick of seeing this gif. It's the most overused thing on this board and is a seemingly continual jinx against whatever is "happening." I now have nightmares whenever I close my eyes of Ron Paul waving his arms like an idiot with this 5th grade school photo background. Let's come together as a fanbase and find a cooler gif or just learn to not jizz our pants before something actually happens. Thanks. #endrant

1386249086804.png

You're confusing buying time with having time.

Exactly. In my opinion here was the trade off with Hinton in there as opposed to Wolford. Wolford would've hit some of throws Hinton missed,but Hinton got some throws off Wolford wouldn't have.

Was at the game. Just got home. Great 4th quarter effort. Really great to see Clawson chew the official's ass ( probably not shown on TV ) and be so engaged.

Hinton will only get better.
We desperately need an offensive line that can block!!!!
Our defense needs some significant work but we just lost a 1st round draft pick to the NFL so no huge surprise there.

Btw, Indiana's players reflect their classless coach. That is one dirty fucking team. Honestly, I hope tOSU hangs 100 on that bunch and I'm no OSU fan. Karma's going to be a bitch for that bunch.

Anyhow, good effort late in the game. We just need more and better players and I think we'll have some winning seasons under Clawson.

He's a tar hole. I expected nothing less.

okay can we use this 4k gif from now on. big quality increase.

e17.gif

Back from the game, agree it was a good comeback, it's a shame we couldn't get it into OT. I agree that we have a lot of young talent and the future looks bright. That being said, I find it hard to be patient when we haven't had a winning season since 2008. Imho, we've got to beat teams like Indiana, particularly at home. Since the Atlantic Division of the ACC is considered one of the toughest in the nation, we've got to win every non-conference game possible, and 2-2 looks probable with a trip to Notre Dame coming up in November.

Until we are competitive on the O-line and D-line, we will be a 3 or 4 win team with our schedule. That's the way it is.

Don't know how the game will turn out today, but I will make one lock prediction: There will be at least 20 posts on this thread bitching & whining about calls from the referees. You can count on it. It's the one lock on every WF game thread...bitching about officials' calls.

This has to be a new low for Wake....getting beat at home by Indiana is about as embarrassing as things can get.

Back