• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake @ Syracuse Game Thread

He blamed the players at half time. That's what he'll do. It's shameful. Eventually you'd think he'd see that there's a pattern. Apparently not.

So you have receivers dropping the ball, oline missing blocks and Tanner throwing the ball into the ground. Exactly who were the people doing that? Haven't seen a coach yet catch a ball, make a foul shot or hit a homerun. At some point the players have to play.

So you have receivers dropping the ball, oline missing blocks and Tanner throwing the ball into the ground. Exactly who were the people doing that? Haven't seen a coach yet catch a ball, make a foul shot or hit a homerun. At some point the players have to play.

Coaches teach players how to catch a ball, how to hit their blocks, and how to hit receivers. Players who can't do those things are signs of poor coaching.

Last edited:
We poor Deacon fans have repeated these same cyclical arguments for years. Gluttons for punishment.

I thought, we the fans had "battered wife syndrome", but the players probably have it too. In WSJ, Grobe said "We didn't play very good football today", "We came out flat". How about "It's my fault for keeping us in wide splits all day" or "We should have called something different than 8 yd crossing patterns and draw plays from the pistol". Who wants to sail with Capt. Bligh.

I thought, we the fans had "battered wife syndrome", but the players probably have it too. In WSJ, Grobe said "We didn't play very good football today", "We came out flat". How about "It's my fault for keeping us in wide splits all day" or "We should have called something different than 8 yd crossing patterns and draw plays from the pistol". Who wants to sail with Capt. Bligh.

Captain Bligh made it to where he was going.

He does this after every loss. The last five years he has lost more games than he has won. The players aren't the constant, he and many of the prominent members of his staff are. They aren't getting the job done. Not at coaching. Not at scheming. Not at recruiting.

They aren't good coaches. Simple example: if they were Tanner would either be better or wouldn't be the best option at QB by a wide margin.

Back