• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official: Wake vs. Nostradamus Thread

This season is making a case for playing home OOC cupcakes to build confidence.

Interesting situation I think. On the one hand we do seem very confident at home. On the other hand if we upset a team or two and end up at 20 wins we're still not in the tournament because of how easy the schedule was.

I feel really bad for Deacphan -- people are posting mean tags about him here and he doesn't even follow the basketball team!

Those are awful rankings.

Wake is around 8th in the conference. I suspect we will finish there. I really want to play Maryland in Greensboro in an 8-9 game. Very, very badly.

Why? So they can beat us in the first round of the ACC tournament one more time before they leave? We are such Maryland's bitch in the ACC tournament.

If we can add just one elite scorer to this squad at the 3/4 spot we could be legitimately good.

Completely agree. Next year's team should be a tournament team regardless of who the coach is, that's why I think it's crucial we fire [Redacted] to make sure we have a good coach. [Redacted] "did his job" or however Wellman wants to spin it and "rebuilt" the team. Now it's time to get somebody who can be successful with a good team.

true......was 2-2 from the line, but 1-8 from the field in 28 minutes for 4 pts; Moto had 5 pts in 15 minutes; yes Moto was only 306 from the line but his aggressive play got him the free throws whereas Cav is not aggressive and therefore gets few FT's.

Bz had a couple nice plays out of timeouts today. Including that designed high low to Travis when he had Vasturia matched up on him.

I'm just saying, whenever we win theres always a handful of wise-asses trying to find something to complain about. If you believe that there are no moral victories, then you have to accept that a win is a win.

Damn, Rico...that WAS smooth...

Pretty work.

true......was 2-2 from the line, but 1-8 from the field in 28 minutes for 4 pts; Moto had 5 pts in 15 minutes; yes Moto was only 306 from the line but his aggressive play got him the free throws whereas Cav is not aggressive and therefore gets few FT's.

They draw fouls at the same rate (5.2/40 min for Cav, 5.3/40 min Moto). Cav was very bad today but he's been a nice piece overall this season. Many good games.

They play differing styles. Cav is a stretch 4, Moto is a slasher. You need players with varying skill sets to field a successful team.

They draw fouls at the same rate (5.2/40 min for Cav, 5.3/40 min Moto). Cav was very bad today but he's been a nice piece overall this season. Many good games.

It is nice when an important player for your team can have a very poor day and you still come out on top.

Interesting situation I think. On the one hand we do seem very confident at home. On the other hand if we upset a team or two and end up at 20 wins we're still not in the tournament because of how easy the schedule was.
You guys keep looking at the KenPom SOS, but the RPI SOS shows the OOC to be more difficult and that's what the NCAA goes by. When KenPom had it at 305, RPI calcs had it at 159. That's a pretty big difference. Ultimately it depends on who we W or L to and what happens in the ACCT. We'll see. Good win today. I was worried we'd be flat after finally winning a road game.

It is nice when an important player for your team can have a very poor day and you still come out on top.

Agree. Miller-Mac and Cav both were a little off today. Cav just couldn't hit shite today but I liked his scrap in there. He shot and missed and rebounded.3 straight on one sequence...he can score. Had a lid on it today.

Except he's a good defensive rebounder at 17.5% and is the 3rd or 4th most efficient offensive player on the team (which accounts for turnovers and missed shots!!). And even if Devin plays 32 minutes and Moto 25 that's still 20 min+ for Cav because we are thin up front. So that's why the hell he's on the court.

In ACC play Cav was shooting over 50% from deep and overall coming into this game. He's a top 3 rebounder and free throw shooter on this team. Scored in double digits in half our ACC games playing around 22 minutes.

Cav's been much improved this year, especially lately. Shitty game today but still lead us in rebounding.

Obviously, bad stats. I can recall half his shots, which were good shots but just rimmed out. Had one in the 1st half that was half way down and spun out. Then there was the sequence where he missed close in, tipped the ball to the backboard, got back up, missed got the rebound and got fouled.

Thought he played hard, was fighting for the ball but shots just wouldn't fall.

I had to read that 3 times before I think I understood it. Since when? We've played a lot of tight games and that means inbounding and back court pressure can be an issue. But I really don't cringe about it like I used to under a lot of Prosser and Odom teams. Maybe its age related.

Possessions in the last 20 seconds where we are up 1? The State game we were down 1. Richmond we tied at the buzzer and won going away.

Maybe we had one really high pressure inbound in the Carolina game.

Back