• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 14 NFL Thread: Definitely Not Going F'ing 7 and 9

You do not need a rookie leading this team going into the playoffs. Dak is shook. It's not like the Giants looked great.

You do not need a rookie leading this team going into the playoffs. Dak is shook. It's not like the Giants looked great.

blrg.gif

Cowboys are +350 to win the superbowl in Vegas. I'll give you +$500. $100 if they don't. Void if Romo is QB. Interested?

I was checking out a Dallas board and a lot of the fans want Romo next week. It's starting.

Cowboys are +350 to win the superbowl in Vegas. I'll give you +$500. $100 if they don't. Void if Romo is QB. Interested?

No, because I don't believe that if this NFL post-season was played 5 times that the Cowboys would win one of them. 10 times? Sure. I'd make that wager. Your silly Romo qualifier is fine with me.

ETA: And before you say anything else -- I think that +350 number is a sucker bet put out by Vegas to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm comfortable at 10:1. You don't have to take those odds, but sense you think Dak Prescott is a fraud, I think you should.

Last edited:
No, because I don't believe that if this NFL post-season was played 5 times that the Cowboys would win one of them. 10 times? Sure. I'd make that wager. Your silly Romo qualifier is fine with me.

OK. then I'll take the Cowboys. +$500 if they win to me with Dak as QB. Void if Romo plays. $100 if they lose. Good hedge, if you lose, you win.

OK. then I'll take the Cowboys. +$500 if they win to me with Dak as QB. Void if Romo plays. $100 if they lose. Good hedge, if you lose, you win.

Not interested.

So don't quote this in like 6 months and claim I'm trying to welch on a bet, ok?

I'll throw $100 on the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl with Dak as QB, void if Tony Romo becomes QB, at 10:1 odds.

If you are interested, we have a bet.

If not, no worries, I don't really have a gambling addiction, so maybe you'll find action elsewhere.

"If you are interested, we have a bet"

God, you are incorrigible.

So you want me to give you 3x the odds that Vegas is currently offering? Whaddya think I'm stupid Hans? I already offered you 50% higher than what Vegas is offering.

when you said no then I said I'd take what you said no to. I'm good with either of them cause apparently I'm always right about anything I think.

So you want me to give you 3x the odds that Vegas is currently offering? Whaddya think I'm stupid Hans? I already offered you 50% higher than what Vegas is offering.

I don't agree with the Vegas odds and I wouldn't take them.

Vegas odds aren't based on what they think will happen; they are based on how they think they can get 50% of the money on each side of the line. So using that as a barometer is not really going to sway me.

You think Dak Prescott is a bad choice for the Cowboys. You might be right. You might not.

I know it is hard to win a Super Bowl even in the most perfect of conditions -- see perfect 18-1 Pats a few years ago...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... again...

I will bet $100 that the Cowboys win the Super Bowl IF YOU give me 10:1 odds. I accept your caveat of Tony Romo becoming QB making the bet null and void.

If you don't want to take this bet, that's fine. It's telling, but it's fine. I'm probably still the underdog on a 10:1 bet here to be honest. But I'm willing to pay that handicap to win the $1000 off you that I wanted to earlier this year.

when you said no then I said I'd take what you said no to. I'm good with either of them cause apparently I'm always right about anything I think.

You say that Dak is terrible.

10:1 on my stake of $100 that Dak led Cowboys win the Super Bowl.

Yes or No? You're always right. Take my $100. At the risk of your own $1000.

Back