• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 3 NFL Thread

why can't refs just let something like that play out then make the ruling after reviewing it?

Man taking a scoop and score away from the Jets is like taking food away from a starving man.

WHY does an NFL player return that from the end zone? Just unbelievable stupidity.

WHY does an NFL player return that from the end zone? Just unbelievable stupidity.

Let's recap:
Stupid pass gets picked.
Stupid decision to run it out to the 5.
Stupid roughing penalty adds 15 yards and trumps stupid mistake #2.
Bears-Jets y'all.

That drop... And that penalty.
We're watching this game for the same reason people watch Springer.

I hadn't seen the Jets yet this year but watched the 1st 3 quarters. I'd heard about all the strides Geno has been making. But God he blew last night. The Bears D wasn't good to begin with, and now, that's practically their 2nd string D. Any competent offense would have hung 30-40 on them. I know Rex is gonna keep starting him and has his back, but based on what I saw last night, I'd be starting Vick next week. Especially considering Rex's job is on the line.

Also some horrific officiating. Obviously the scoop for what should have been a TD. But there was a phantom PI call that gave Chicago its 2nd TD. And then a defenseless receiver personal foul against the Bears for what was a great hit that was shoulder to shoulder. God I hate what Goodell is doing to this league. Fine, penalize legit hits to the head. But these hits that are body shots where a defender is trying to break up a pass and the tackles where they say the defender is leading with the helmet (of course he's leading with his helmet because he's tackling with his shoulder and head up facemask into the body of the defender, as opposed to spearing with the top of the helmet) need to go away.

I obviously don't know the relationship between the couple (story says they've been married for only a few months), but calling the cops to report your spouse missing after less than an hour has passed? That seems odd.

I obviously don't know the relationship between the couple (story says they've been married for only a few months), but calling the cops to report your spouse missing after less than an hour has passed? That seems odd.

Clearly, the entire story is not being told. Something had to have happened that set him off or he had WAY more than one beer or both.

Well, he was supposed to be in bed, asleep. It's not like he was out cutting the grass then took off for some beers or something. And given her father's bouts with depression, she's probably a little wary of someone not being where they're supposed to be. I'll bet the toxicology will shed much light on what's up here.

we were supposed to have an event hosted by Terry Bradshaw this weekend, he's obviously out now

Ambien? Would explain a lot. Wife could know side effects, and would explain his crazy behavior.

Back